mrtoadiington

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all! I've recently downloaded RPG Maker MV for OSX (thus I use Steam), and I wanted to know about adding parts to the character generator. Now, I've read a lot of threads by now on how to do it, so I'm fine on that front. The real issue is that I am having trouble locating the generator folder on my MacBook. This is the pathway for OSX:
Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/RPG Maker MV/RPG Maker MV.app/Contents/MacOS/Generator

However, the pathway stops at the RPG Maker MV folder, and the following image is all I have access to. There is no RPG MAKER MV.app ; I tried to search on 'This Mac', but the only folders with .app that appear are strictly Apple related. If I click on the icon it will, of course, just open RPGMV. I've also tried to bypass .app by just search the folder before Generator, but when I click on a MacOS, there is only terminal file named Voice.

For anyone else that uses RPGMV on a MacBook via Steam (or anyone really is familiar with OSX), have you run into this problem? And if so, how did you resolve it?

I apologize in advanced if I've posted this to the wrong section.

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 1.50.13 AM.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you're being blocked by a protection setting in the MacOS.

ALL programs in MacOS are application folders, but those folders are protected to keep people from messing with the program data.

the RPG Maker MV with the castle-icon in the screenshot above - THAT is your .app folder.
But you cannot open it with a doubleclick as that defaults to launching the program.
you need to click it with the override button, then you'll get a window where you can choose to open the app-folder.

Unfortunately I don't remember which button is the override - apple, select, command, one of those buttons in the bottom row of your keyboard, but I never bother to remember, just test them when I'm at a Mac elsewhere (don't own one myself)

mrtoadiington

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you're being blocked by a protection setting in the MacOS.

ALL programs in MacOS are application folders, but those folders are protected to keep people from messing with the program data.

the RPG Maker MV with the castle-icon in the screenshot above - THAT is your .app folder.
But you cannot open it with a doubleclick as that defaults to launching the program.
you need to click it with the override button, then you'll get a window where you can choose to open the app-folder.

Unfortunately I don't remember which button is the override - apple, select, command, one of those buttons in the bottom row of your keyboard, but I never bother to remember, just test them when I'm at a Mac elsewhere (don't own one myself)
Hey Andar! Thank you so much for responding so quickly and letting me know about that! Unfortunately, I tried all the buttons but they did not work. However, good news! I messed a bit by right clicking and when I pressed show info the entire name (extension) included .app so you were correct! Then, out of sheer curiosity, I clicked on show contents and it got me the rest of the pathway.

Hope you have a good week <3

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pretty much stopped posting in the progress thread cuz it feels like talking to the void, lol, so I've just been posting on IG instead. But someone finally liked my post there, lol. Dunno if I'll continue tho. Probably not xD

My game's progressing quite well. Just kinda stuck on mapping right now. Decided to go the side, slightly top down view route. I'm drawing everything from scratch for a personal touch uwu
Stomach isn't feeling too good last time. Perhaps something I ate
Phew! logged back. Seems I was too occupied with 3D learning (yeah for RPGM purposes) creating IRL space, trying to grow catnip, dealing with health and DC is good. (so MrC) ^^
Tyler.stewart wrote on Cherry's profile.
I was wondering if you've heard anything about the patch that allows you to show text anywhere on the screen utilizing pictures being upgraded to work with the official 2k3 release? Your work with 2k3 is awesome dude, keep it alive. I'm 33 and am still playing with 2k3 largely thanks to your work with the game engine. I appreciate the official patch updates you post. Please continue posting
Currently trying to add items in the same style as Kyrise's excellent icons. I like having a large variety of items :3 KyriseandMe.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sullivanvicente