CHERRILOID

purveyor of bun
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi!
so, im using the term database somewhat loosely here in the title. with my main protag being an artist, my game is intended to have a "sketchbook" feature - as and when you encounter/fight characters, your "sketchbook" updates with information on said character. the sketchbook is just a series of images (accessed via main menu) in an interactive slideshow format (< for previous page, > for next page, esc to close).

does anyone know how i would execute this? i already have the empty menu listing there (using yanflys menu manager), so these are the areas im a little stuck on:
  • creating the slideshow functionality (left arrow key displays previous image, right arrow key displays next image)
  • using events to add an extra image to the slideshow at scripted intervals (adding an image to the slideshow after you meet a certain character. this image cannot be accessed before the character is met)
  • OPTIONAL: a menu function within the first page of the slideshow, allowing you to skip to a certain page (e.g. clicking a button labelled "jimbob" would jump you straight to "jimbob's" page)
im pretty flexible on execution; so long as ive essentially got a functioning visual character database, im happy to make adjustments or cut corners if needs be. as long as it can list 8 characters, its all good!

thank you for reading/supporting!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a common event that keeps track of the current image, uses a Show Picture event to display the correct image, then a loop that waits for the left or right arrow keys or the escape/action key to exit.

If you want it more complicated than that, you might need a plugin.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I forgot that forums have profile walls that you can post or comment on, guess I found a new platform to specifically rant about game-related deranged thought or problems that I have. Salut mes amis!
I couldn't help myself, so I edited the tiles a bit and made a birdhouse :LZSsmile: I hope I will finish the town today!Screenshot 2021-09-17 134349.png
How do I find the threads I have watched? It's been so long I've forgotten :kaoswt:
So far, this is how the wall tileset its looking in-editor. :kaoswt2:
1631863283853.png
Still thinking on details to add.
Added a plugin to RMMV Plugin Releases with all relevant info but it looks like the topic wasn't approved for whatever reason. Cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3hunnaz