RMMV Help making sure an item is not consumed in less special conditions are met

Mr_Mime_1983

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am trying to figure out how to make sure an item is not used up if it is used on an invalid actor. I am using this plugin and I've got it to work as I wanted, but every time I use the item, it stays in my inventory. It would not use it up. I would like it so that if I use it on a valid actor, it uses the item but if I use it on a non-valid actor, it will say that is not a valid actor and stays in my inventory. Here are some provided screenshots for clarification.

help1.png

The script I'm using
// Humans can use it

<effect condition: 1>

b.isClass($dataClasses[1]) ||

b.isClass($dataClasses[2])

</effect condition>

// Everyone else does not use

<effect condition: 2>

b.isClass($dataClasses[3]) ||

b.isClass($dataClasses[4]) ||

b.isClass($dataClasses[5]) ||

b.isClass($dataClasses[6]) ||

b.isClass($dataClasses[7])

</effect condition>

And here is the common event I have for the item.
help2.png

I would really appreciate any help on this matter. I hope I clarified this enough.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Thank you.

Please use meaningful thread titles - say what you want help with in the title. Every person who posts in MV Support or Plugin Support has a problem that they need help with.

redmedved2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Belarusian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is the first time I've seen this plugin (I've actually been looking for something like this for a very long time and thank you so much for showing it to me), but the plugin page has a tutorial, in which the item has only one effect and says that if the conditions for this effect are not met, you simply can not use the item on another member of the group.
And also here's a screenshot from the comments:
1634850956514.png
Maybe I'm missing something.

Mr_Mime_1983

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@redmedved2 You're very much welcome I was looking for a long time too probably not as long as you but for a few days. Because Yanflys plugin just does not work the way I want it to for my needs anyway. I followed your suggestion and followed the tutorial to a tee and it works now the second part in my code was what was messing it up.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v
Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nanouke25