Help me colour busts,please.

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by J0pac, Mar 30, 2014.

1. J0pac

J0pac Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Croatian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Lately I've been seriously thinking about getting busts for my game.I always wanted them but I knew that finding someone to do them for free and for my whole game would be impossible.

Let me get to the point,my brother is a gifted artist(It's hard for me to admit,but yeah...he's good at it and I'm not [​IMG] )and I've managed to persuade him(After I've admitted that he's better at drawing than me) to try to draw anime/manga style characters.

And It actually turned out quite good for the first time(though idiot drew it on paper with squares...)

Now, the thing is he can only draw on paper,so I thought I'd find someone kind enough to colour the busts for me.
    In conclusion, I'm looking for someone who would colour the drafts made by my brother.

I know It's still a lot of work but It's still less than if you'd had to draw it all from scratch.

Here his first manga character,not bad for a sixteen year old kid eh?

[​IMG]
    And some of his old pictures just to hook you up [​IMG]

[warning very large images on spoiler]

graphite reflects because of bad lights...my bad [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love this one [​IMG]!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Let me know what you think and,of course, if you are interested.

2. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    That is quite good. You don't need to be able to draw on the computer to do a good job with coloring it. If he does the shading in his sketches too like he does in the example then just some simple flats would probably work really well. I could teach one of you to do that without too much trouble I think. But yeah, never let him draw on lined paper again, it's nearly impossible to separate out.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
  3. J0pac

J0pac Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Croatian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That'd be cool,If it'd look nice as you said it would.We've both tried opening the image in photoshop and then simple drawing lines over the image to get nice seperated frame,but that turned out quite bad,especially when we tried colouring it since we don't know which brushes to use or anything. Sigh,just can't belive how stupid he is...he made another character ON LINED PAPER ;_; .

[​IMG]

She's not completely finished,but I guess there's no point in finishing it :| .
    Anyway we're both very interested in your offer and we'd like to learn as much as we could.
    So tell me what we should do ,where do we start!?

4. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'll tell you all about it over PM. :)

J0pac likes this.