Help me find plugins for custom top view characters & ABS (RMMV)

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Mando Jetii, May 6, 2017.

1. Mando Jetii

Mando Jetii Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (US)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm trying to find a plugin that allows you to specify additional character animations. I've looked at Galv's Character Animations plugin, which allows you to specify idle, walk, run, & jump animations but doesn't allow for custom animations. What I'm looking for is a way to play an attack animation (character animation NOT battle animation) when a specific key is pressed. This effect can probably be accomplished using a common event that changes the character sheet, but it would be nice to do it using a plugin. This is not an urgent request, just something I've been wondering about.

In addition to this, I would also like to know what the best Action Battle System (ABS) plugin is. By combining an additional character anim plugin with an ABS plugin, I could have a character that can attack enemies in top view and actually look like he's attacking them. I'm actually thinking of using this to do a mock side scroller, where the character can move left & right but not up or down (unless I add a shoots-&-ladders system), attack enemies in real time without going to the battle screen, and otherwise function as an ordinary RPG Maker game.

Last edited: May 27, 2017