Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Alonaria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I just recently redrew this character and I need help choosing a style/design for the official art~~ I recommend opening the image as full size because you miss out on a lot of detail in the preview.

There's honestly just small differences between the two designs, but that's just making it even harder for me to choose. Also, if you're interested, then please let me know what about the style/design you chose made you pick it! Whenever I look at my art, I always see it in a distorted way since I drew it. It's nice to get an outside opinion. >///<

Thank you so much everyone for your time!

sylesomg.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Misterblack

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I like two. It's a bit more detailed! Though one has some kind of charm to it. But, most definitely I'd go with two.

muramasa

Abomination of life, or life itself.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I'd say... pick the one that makes you redraw the least. I don't know if picking the second one will mean more work redrawing any other you already made (other characters I mean).

If there is nothing like that at the stake, then both of them still have things I like more than the other. The tail at #2 looks better, there is some of the redesign on it that I find very pleasant, the pose seems better and most of the anathomy looks improved. But I think the 1st one has more detail at the belts, short pants (?) and sleeves. I find some charm on #1 that #2 could have.

Wookiee420

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i agree with @muramasa. i like the tail and proportions and upper body detail on 2 but the color of the boots and detail of the shorts on 1. one thing though, on 2 i feel like her pose is twisting her body a little, you can see the hip flared out on one side, that leg would be bent a little and turned just a bit with the knee facing inward. IMO if you adjust the lower body to complete the pose, then it will be a sure fire winner

and i like the cape detail on 1 better

Euphony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Definitely #2. Her body looks slightly fuller and more realistically proportioned, and the coloring looks better overall with the additional dark blue and purple.

Matt Mats

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Well, that's quite difficult to say because we don't know which style would fit your game the best.

And there is only one person knowing this *Pointing at you*

Honestly, it took me very very much time to choose a style for Grain 'cause I had so many ideas but than I decided to pick one which I can draw best,

which is fast and recognizable.

But when you ask me which I'd like best I would say #2 ;)

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Number 2 is far better in my opinion.  Somehow all the little details about #2 scream "that's really nice" and makes her look like a real human(oid); I get neither of these sentiments from #1.  I do like the boots on #1 better, though.

Alonaria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@muramasa Fortunately, neither would require very much redrawing. I don't have it pictured here, but I actually keep a nude base with a number of layers preserved, so it's very easy to draw over with new outfits/expressions as long as I don't need to make any major changes to the pose.

@Wookiee420 Aaaaah, that's what I was afraid of with her leg. The two biggest reasons I was so conflicted over two were that I felt I had made her too tall and that darn leg. I tend to get so caught up in my drawing that I do everything at once and don't take some time away from it to see the mistakes. Then I fail to notice them until after I've colored/shaded and then I'm too irritated to redraw and fix it. ;_;  It's without doubt my worst bad drawing habit.

Aaaah, thank you so much for your responses everyone!!! ^_^ Honestly, I think I might end up doing a blend of both, haha. Both of them require about the same amount of time/effort on my part, so that's not so much of an issue.

muramasa

Abomination of life, or life itself.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Well, that's fortunately a good thing :^). Keep up the good work!

Wookiee420

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
also i like the ears on 2 better, on 1 the inner hairs kinda look like feathers......and again your work is awesome!!! only picking it apart cause you asked us to :)

Alonaria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Wookiee420 Thank you! I didn't notice that, but now that you mention it, you're right. ^_^ And please pick it apart all you want! If I had to choose between someone tearing it apart or someone just praising it, I'd prefer they tear it apart so that I can improve. 

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, by looking between the two, they seem to have slightly different personalities. The first seems almost pensive, and a bit more uncertain. The second seems like she is trying to be unemotional, strong but she has an inner weakness she tries to hide. So, based on which one was closer to who you want her to be, that should be your first indicator of which one to pick. The next thing is the material you are trying to go for. What I mean by that is, what textures do you want to give here? In the first, her ears look more wolf-like, and her hair looks thinner and a little dry. In the second, her ears are a little more feathery, as was previously mentioned, and the hair is far softer. The skin looks the same in both of them, but the clothes seem to have completely different textures. The shorts on the first are a little more wrinkly, which suggests a looser material, but the second has almost none, which leads me to believe that the shorts have the same material as the tights. You've used an interesting way of shading the second one (the shirt), which looks more like the type of material you'd find in a rain jacket. You almost have a completely different style going on. The second looks, I'd say, slightly more realistic as far as proportioning. With all of this technical stuff aside, I think you should pick based on what style best matches your game, and combine elements from both of them. Because, I assume, since your game is called Fox Story, this particular character is part fox, so, whichever one looks more fox-like, I'd say.

This has been another episode of "Hex Annoys the Heck out of People by Giving Them Snobby Art Lectures". (Longest title XD)      

Robin Hoot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
1 looks cuter to me. They both look pretty good though!

rpgmakerxp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Both are static, however, 2 is slightly better with the details except for the upper right leg's anatomy being off.  Might want to fill in some of that light blue with the part of the pants that's on 1.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
as I see your style is great although the seconds one have Nerfed details in it wich is not always good you seemed to have want to keep to have to do less details wich is not good haha.

the first one is better in my opinion.

but the seconds one is better too

so my opinion would be you mix both of them for make a third options : >

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I like number 2 the best. The character seems more confident and the color scheme is more tasteful in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Jamaica? No, Aunty. I said, I'm on RPG Maker :*/
Lunar New Year is over :( but it's time to get back to work!
I keep giving myself deadlines because I'm so excited to finish something but I notice areas where I'm rushing the story and that's what's gonna weaken my overall project, gotta stop that
My new level features a Jellyfish character who cannot love, because he electrocutes everything he touches.
I prefer single roommates. After a hard day, all you want is sleep. I went to bed at 12. I was awakened at 2 because of my roommate laughing and whispering and stuff with her boyfriend on the phone. I didn't want to yell at her so I had to bear that cringy lovey dovey convo for half an hour, before I got so bored that I fell asleep again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackosmiles