HELP ME WITH BATTLE TESTING

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Momochon, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Momochon

Momochon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Help plz!!!  ;_; Im currently battle testing my game, and every time I attack, it says i do no 

damage. I tried equiping the weapon the class uses, and still doesnt work. PLZ HELP
    ASAP  D:<

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    pleas provide screenshots of the actor, the class, the skill used to attack and the enemy - there are too many things that might be the cause, from missing HIT-Values to too high a DEF value on the monster or a wrong damage formula.

3. Momochon

Momochon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Im using regular attack-im using actor 001- im using the quick button on my formulas- im testing on slimes. (ill provide screenshots later.)

4. Momochon

Momochon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    i cant find the screenshots. sorry.

Its just when he is at level one, with only 'Attack', it does nothing.

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Momochon, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Without screenshots, we can't help you as there are too many values you need to tell us to find the problem.

How to take a Screenshot:

You've heard people say to take a screenshot, but how does one take a screenshot of their game? Simple, while the game is running, hit the Prt Scr button on your keyboard, which is located right next to your F12 key. If you're using a laptop, you might have to use the Fn key in combination with the Prt Scr key to get it to work.

Now that you've pressed the button, it's time to paste this screenshot into an image editing software. If you don't have anything fancy such as Adobe Photoshop, GIMP or Paint.NET, no worries; you can use MS Paint instead. Open up your image editing software, create a new file, and then hit ctrl+v on your keyboard, or simply right click on the screen and select paste. This should instantly paste the screenshot into your image editing software. You can go ahead and crop the image to suit your needs, or if you don't even know what that means, you can just upload it as it is.

Save the image as a PNG, or if you really need to, as a high quality JPG.

How to upload the image to the forums

Now that you have you have an image on your computer you'd like to show us, how can you get it to show up on the forums? Firstly, you need to find an image hosting site, photobucket.com or imageshack.us are popular ones. If you have another image uploading website, great - use that one! Either way, upload it to the site, and then get the direct link. Don't get the resized link, or the thumbnail link, but the direct URL. You'll know you have the direct URL if the URL ends with the file extension you saved your image in (which will hopefully be .png).

Once you have this direct URL to your image, simply use the IMG tags in your forum post and paste the URL in between them. If this image is big, please leave the image in spoiler tags.

IMG tags:
    [​IMG]

You can now use the following tag for the image instead of the one above:

Code:
    [img=http://url.to.image/image.png]

6. Momochon

Momochon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I found the screenshots! They are in the attachment instead.  :)

i swear im doing everything right.

(and sorry about double posting. i wont do it again.)

battle test1.jpg

battletest2.jpg

battletest3.jpg

battle testing 4.jpg

7. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    the first three screenshots are absolutely useless, because we need the values and features of actor, class and skill - not only the names of those...

Please give the FULL SIZE screenshots of those pages, not cutting the most important parts away...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
  8. Momochon

Momochon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Okay...Im using actor 001. and at level one he only uses attack. (im just a newbie dont be harsh.) 

he can be any class he wants. im testing with slimes. When I do the formulas, i click the quick button.

I dont know the exact values, but on Warrior the attack and defense are high, mage and Arcane Priest have high MP, and

theif has high agility (I think) and Luck. Please answer.

9. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    you still don't understand...

You have changed something in the default settings, that makes your actors invalid and prevents them from doing damage. You need to show us what you have changed in order to find out why they don't do damage. And that is only possible by giving us the screenshots with the entire values for your classes and your actors, and how the attack skill looks like now, because otherwise we can't tell you which of the three or four dozen different values is wrong.

For example, each of the default classes has a number of default features. If you simply erase those features, you will make the actors unable to hit anything, because without those features they can't hit an enemy, can't use weapons and more.

Make a new project, and test the battles without changing anything on the database, and you'll see that they will do damage to slimes...