Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Depends on what you need help with. Do you feel the poem has to be shortened to get the feeling across? Do you need help with the word choice or rythm? I don´t think anything need to be added, it is a good poem for what it sets out to convey. Can you put into words why you are currently unhappy with it?

Failivrin

Final Frontiersman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It doesn't need to be a poem exactly. The above passage would work very nicely as prose. I don't really understand my poet friends but they like their stuff to be less realistic, more abstract and symbolic, less narrative, with less grammatical structure. Maybe you're fitting this into the wrong genre? You have a sense of rhythm, but remember that's a great talent in prose as well as poetry!

soniiiety

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
well actually you are both wrong, you two do not know anything about rhyming and poems, you NEED rhyming in your poems it can be names or something, and second it has to sound like it does you could you a different word that sounds the same as the other,

example: my name is john i went to the shop, i had a pop then a flop, the person said"do you need any help?" i said"kelp" I stand for a demand, he gave me some food I got better mood. also i can give you another example:

when you ryhme you think of any word like dad and take away the 1st letter and replace with any other for it to ryhme:dad bad cad lad had mad nad clad flad drad trad pad

eat beans

A being of pure evil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
feeek

Last edited:

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nice!
Are you happy with the poem as it is right now or do you still want suggestions?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is."-Krishna
FastFood in my country is neither fast nor cheap like it's expected to be, but people still buy a lot of it. I don't want to imagine how much of it people would eat if it was.
Started finishing up my bosses and characters...I don't know how long...but its going to take long...

I ended up needing to do a chapter one world map remake. It's still WIP but coming along nicely. =D
Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GosanGames