Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
Hello!

I'm trying to adjust the code in my game so that the accuracy formula is used as Success Rate of Skill X Hit Rate of User X Evasion Rate of Target = Chance of skill landing.

The only script I'm using that effects the item_apply that interacts with this hit rate is Craze Accuracy overflow.

That script modifies the hit rate formula so that only @result.missed is taken into account and changes the formula to item.hit - item.eva.

Below, you can see I edited the code so that edited the formula so that Rate = Item_hit * item_eva instead. Item_hit already multiplies the success rate of the skill against the hit rate, so theoretically, this change should yield the results I want.

Ruby:
class Game_Battler < Game_BattlerBase

def item_apply(user, item)
    @result.clear
    @result.used = item_test(user, item)

# ALL CHANGES BELOW HERE
    #rate = item_hit(user, item) - item_eva(user, item)
    rate = item_hit(user, item) * item_eva(user, item)
    @result.missed = (@result.used && rand < rate)
    #@result.missed = (@result.used && rand >= rate)
    if @result.missed and rate < item_eva(user, item) and CRZ::ACC_OVER::USE_EV
      @result.missed = false; @result.evaded = true
    end
    # ALL CHANGES ABOVE HERE

if @result.hit?
      unless item.damage.none?
        @result.critical = (rand < item_cri(user, item))
        make_damage_value(user, item)
        execute_damage(user)
      end
      item.effects.each {|effect| item_effect_apply(user, item, effect) }
      item_user_effect(user, item)
    end
  end

end # Game_Battler

However, I'm finding that this formula isn't working as it says.

For example, I tested the formula with a 20% success rate.

.20 (success rate) X 1.0 (user hit) X 1.0 (eva) = should yield a 20% chance of the skill missing.

When I tested this, the skill missed everytime. Okay cool, 20% is low odds. That makes sense.

However, when I changed the success rate to 75%, the skill still missed every single time. Which is hard to believe.

Rand should calculate a number between 0 and 1.0, meaning 75% of the is should pull a number that is less than .75. However all the skills missed...

Skill set up and Player and Enemy State pages
1656774311264.png1656774327904.png1656774357477.png

I think I'm missing something here, but I can't put my finger on what it is. I can't find any other scripts that impact this part of them item_apply, so maybe I'm just misunderstanding how the script is written?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Fun question - how do you manage the scope of your projects? All of my projects seem to balloon until they pop and they are suddenly nonexistent!
no I did not just have to write a song three different times because my music software doesn't support tempo changes!!
I WILL defeat this demonic USB connection notification bug
ScreenShot_8_15_2022_6_22_24.png
Mike trying to dodge the Memory Pawns invading Bantam Street. I like how the filters I used on the map almost make it look like the street is wet in a sense.
Come watch as Studio Blue plays OMORI live on the final RPG Maker Critiques stream!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goonfuture