Did the game crash for you after a random battle?

• No, it worked.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Yes, it crashed.

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

AdamSakuru

[Null_Value]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
PLEASE LEAVE A RESPONSE TO THIS THREAD IF THE GAME CRASHED FOR YOU!
(I may inquire further testing from you if you're interested)

The demo of my game project has worked for most who've played it, but a couple of people have reported that after the game's first random battle, the game crashes and stays on a black screen. One of the reporters is developing an RPG Maker MV game himself and the other reporter has a pretty decent gaming computer.

I really want to troubleshoot this problem, because when I make this project commercial this essentially means that a certain percentage of people who play my game won't be able to progress past the first area with random battles. It'll be a very small percentage, but nobody will want to buy a game they think might not work for them, and I don't want to sell a broken product. The thing is, this issue doesn't occur for me at all when I play test my project, everything runs fine for me. Making it a bit of a challenge to narrow down the 'exact' cause. I have a couple of possible ideas, but I need some help! I want to some find people who have the crashing issue and try to get them to narrow down the cause with modified builds of the game.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8z8p5xcf45g2if9/Sin+Tax+Crash+Tester.zip
This is a custom export of my game's demo. The game builds are otherwise the exact same except for a couple differences: It'll start you right off in the first area with random battles. There's also an NPC right beside the starting point you can speak to who will transport you to the game's second dungeon. Basically, if the game crashes for you after a random battle in the starting area, I want you to see if it'll occur on other maps with random battles too. If this is the case, then that may indicate there's an issue with the way certain computer builds are processing how I've evented going into random battles. (as I'm using SRD's plugin to allow a common event to run for a battle transition)

I've also attached what the event looks like that runs as a battle transition for random battles.

EDIT:
This is the original upload of the demo if you want to test that instead of the modified build
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1cy067h9lf4frua/Sin Tax [Rough Chapter 1 Demo].zip

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    411.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

cyanic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Took it for a spin, didn't find anything unusual aside from Window_StatCompare not being defined in the BM_EquipCore plugin. A camera plugin is spamming the console. Maybe upload the build that's causing the crash.

AdamSakuru

[Null_Value]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Took it for a spin, didn't find anything unusual aside from Window_StatCompare not being defined in the BM_EquipCore plugin. A camera plugin is spamming the console. Maybe upload the build that's causing the crash.

Is the camera plugin spamming the console a bad thing? (it's a smooth camera plugin which can also follow events)
This is almost the exact same build, I just changed the starting point so that people who wanted to test it wouldn't have to go through the entire prologue and everything up to the first area with random battles.

If you want to try it from the beginning, this is the original build:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1cy067h9lf4frua/Sin Tax [Rough Chapter 1 Demo].zip

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Alisa: Prophecy of the Falling Stars. Join Alisa, a quiet girl with a heart filled with love and hope, on her journey to prevent a calamity. My next RPG Maker music pack is my largest and most focused pack yet. It's a musical story that focuses on a young heroine named Alisa who has been assigned the ultimate task to prevent a calamity.

My winter Asset Pack is now -40%! Only 0.75$
SnJj_O.png
Alien Worlds, Minecraft Blocks, Extend Options, Fine Speed Control, Art by Muggu | RPG Maker News #33

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Capitunist