Help: MZ Show Custom Window for (Variables)?

SirCuddlesWorth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've tried looking for already made plugins for this, but most require all their stuff to function.
I already have a plugin that makes a custom window for Items,Save, and so on. It also lets me add
extra Options/Icons. But my issue is how do I make a new window holding all my variables.
I know how to call it, just not sure where to "Store" it.

I did a deep search and turned up a plugin called Erostatus, I did a google translate it's free to use and is for showing custom sex variable which I really need. (Well the custom Var part)
But it don't seem to work. Calling it like the others "Scene.push(Scene_Erostatus);" it throws an error trying to open it.
ReferenceError
Scene is not defined

So I'm back at square one... I have no clue how to fix it.
I did research that error, I think it's because it's calling it's self within the script. From what I understand but have no clue.

Is there something I can do to get it working, or maybe a tutorial you know of for making a simple custom menu to show /V and Images and text for mentally challenged people > me lol.

Attachments

• Erostatus.js
    8.8 KB · Views: 3

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi!

You could try the official plugin ExtraWindow.js from Triacontane that comes with the MZ.

SirCuddlesWorth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi!

You could try the official plugin ExtraWindow.js from Triacontane that comes with the MZ.
Yeah I did try those after finding a post talking about it. I did not know there was free plugins for it. Or forgot about it ADD lol. But I could not get it to work, or it was to confusing.

I'll try to keep looking, but thanks! Have a great day.

BlueMoon

Nebula Games Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Mmm... I can see a problem here:

Code:
Scene.push(Scene_Erostatus);

You can not use "Scene" as it's not defined. I think you wanted to do this:

Code:
SceneManager.push(Scene_Erostatus);

Does this made the plugin you're using to work?

SirCuddlesWorth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Mmm... I can see a problem here:

Code:
Scene.push(Scene_Erostatus);

You can not use "Scene" as it's not defined. I think you wanted to do this:

Code:

Does this made the plugin you're using to work?
Thanks for the reply, I just tried it.
ReferenceError
Scene_Erostatus is not defined
So it did not work. I don't get how to call it.

BlueMoon

Nebula Games Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Looking inside the plugin, I have found that there is a scene declared called "Scene_Karte" so:

Code:
SceneManager.push(Scene_Karte);

Or you can try to use the plguin command "ero_window":

Schermata 2021-07-23 alle 19.27.47.png

SirCuddlesWorth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Looking inside the plugin, I have found that there is a scene declared called "Scene_Karte" so:

Code:
SceneManager.push(Scene_Karte);

Or you can try to use the plguin command "ero_window":

View attachment 196598
I've tried that to. The it says.
I don't get how to call it. I'm trying to find how it's called, but I have no idea at this point.

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

..of the major old school series that began in the 80s- early 90s, I still haven't beaten 'a' Zelda game. Mario 64 was the first Mario I've beaten. I don't know if I should give that honor to Link to the Past or A Link Between Worlds(I currently own both). Well technically I've haven't beaten a Sonic either (Game Genie doesn't count =P).
headshot_headinfo.jpg
Time to add the "headshot" concept into the game so that people may actually aim at the heads when shooting zombies and get massive damage and armor-pen bonus as rewards. :kaojoy:
(The red area is just for visually debug purposes right now. But, it's possible that I will add something that displays the weak spots of enemies in the future.)
Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cees