Help needed excluding items from the inventory limit (Yanfly's Item Core)

VesperCire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So in my game, there's collectable items (not key items) that are obtainable through the game. What I want to do here is exclude these collectable items from being counted towards the inventory limit in Yanfly's Item Core. I already have armors, weapons and key items, so it's not an option to just make these collectables one of those categories. Is there a tag or anything else I could use to exclude these collectables from the inventory limit?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is Yanfly's Item Core plugin still free, or one of the paid ones now?

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Javascript/Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

VesperCire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is Yanfly's Item Core plugin still free, or one of the paid ones now?
It's a paid one now, but I got it before Yanfly started charging for them.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, that means the only people who can help you are those who already have that plugin. At least there should be plenty of them out there. :) I'm just not one of them.

VesperCire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, that means the only people who can help you are those who already have that plugin. At least there should be plenty of them out there. :) I'm just not one of them.
Alright. Do you know of any places I might have better luck asking?

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I use and know that plugin pretty well, but I'm not sure I get what you're trying to do... What inventory limit are you speaking of? Is your weapons, armors and items are independant items?

edit: By the way, Item core is in the DLC, so it's a free one... Ok, not totally free cause you have to buy the engine, lol, but as far as I know, it come with the default DLC.

VesperCire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I use and know that plugin pretty well, but I'm not sure I get what you're trying to do... What inventory limit are you speaking of? Is your weapons, armors and items are independant items?

edit: By the way, Item core is in the DLC, so it's a free one... Ok, not totally free cause you have to buy the engine, lol, but as far as I know, it come with the default DLC.
The Max Items within the Item Core if that helps clear anything up. The items are independent items.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
IIRC, by default yanfly's inventory limits get ignored for things granted through events and monster drops (an intentional measure to make sure you don't lose unique quest stuff). Can you make a test event real quick to see if that's the case?

VesperCire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
IIRC, by default yanfly's inventory limits get ignored for things granted through events and monster drops (an intentional measure to make sure you don't lose unique quest stuff). Can you make a test event real quick to see if that's the case?
Monster drop items are still effected by the inventory limit, as are shop items. The only way an item isn't effected by the inventory limit is if its given through an event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Wasting so much time trying to get a sprite behavior to work. I feel like banging my head against a wall.
Well... it’s been a real pain in the IRS today. :/
My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BepisRagnarok