Tazmily

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi! I've been using RPG Maker MV for about four months now, and I'm finally able to really understand everything. Well, everything but Variables for the most part. I'm trying to figure out how to make a Kill Counter for my game, so that multiple routes can be affected by how the player interacts with it.

I did some slight research and discovered that it's triggered by variables via battle events, but I'm still not sure how to do this. I figured I could get some help from the forums, so if you have an answer, please do help! I would really appreciate it!

Thanks! -Taz

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]MV Support[/move]

It depends on what exactly you want to count, but yes variables are absolutely vital for anything that is more complex than a "go there" quest, so you need to learn how to use them. No way around that.

I suggest you follow the link to the starting point in my signature and work through the tutorials listed there, especially the variables guide game.
It was written for Ace but there is no difference between MV and Ace for handling of variables.

Tazmily

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
[move]MV Support[/move]

It depends on what exactly you want to count, but yes variables are absolutely vital for anything that is more complex than a "go there" quest, so you need to learn how to use them. No way around that.

I suggest you follow the link to the starting point in my signature and work through the tutorials listed there, especially the variables guide game.
It was written for Ace but there is no difference between MV and Ace for handling of variables.
Thanks! I'll check through the tutorials.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

grief... finding a font that works with the engine has been a bigger process than I thought it'd be. doesn't help MV loves to scrunch letters next to each other like a football huddle.
The new Phoenix plugin. I drew icons and an interface into it
R3-M1 can now leave footprints :kaojoy: Thanks Dsiver144 for another amazing plugin!!

1653686110642.png

Hey guys, do you wanna see who dominated the competition in our last game jam?! Stop by while we play Pinky by @Wumbohek Starting at 4:20pm EST.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member