Help!! New party member duplicates and I cant solve this!!

ItsMeAlasca

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hii, I am still new to RPG Maker and now I am having problems with one party member. He was a NPC and when I added him he would get into the party and follow the leader, however he would make another of himself and while following me there would be another of him stuck in the middle of the map. I tried using switches and making him disapear, but it seems like the character that doesn't follow the leader is the one that does all the other commands! For example: when using baloons the one that is following the leader doesnt do nothing, but the baloon shows up in the head of the one that is stuck! I am so confused and I don't know what to do!! Please help

ItsMeAlasca

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Please show screenshots of your event.2021-04-21 (1).png
Its written in portuguese, but basicaly i added the player (Paola) to the party - ("alterar membro do grupo: Adicionar Paola") and then added André, the other player that stays stuck - the switch was the last line, but I changed it hoping that would work and it didnt

2021-04-21 (2).png
I changed the event now so that the characther that is stuck would show up in the screenshots

2021-04-21 (3).png
And there is my problem! Im literally going insane, thank you for trying to help me :)

blade911

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Give the event with the party member graphic a new page, set the condition to a switch, do not set a graphic for this page. In the cutscenes event turn on the switch you set earlier.

If using visustella Events Move Core you could use a self switch instead of a switch and call the self switch from a move route of the member graphic

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ItsMeAlasca
there is one very important distinction you have to learn:
you don't have NPCs on your maps, you have events pretending to be NPCs on your map.
that is very important to understand, because you can have multiple events pretending to be the same NPC or other effects on your map.
and every event usually is (or should be) independent of everything else.

in your case there is absolutely no duplication at all.

what you have is that you added the actor to the party, and then forgot to remove the event pretending to be the same actor from the map. That are two different things, adding an actor to the party does not remove any event automatically, not even an event that has the same graphic.

that said, due to the way the events work you'll have to switch off the event with multiple pages like said above, but I suggest not using the switch but the actor condition - as long as you have no intention of removing the actor later, as the event would go back to representing the person as soon as you removed it from the party if you use the actor condition.

ItsMeAlasca

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you all sooo much!! It feels awesome to know that there are people who are willing to help new members! Thank you again <3

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sorry, lot of unexpected hospital things. I'm trying. Life is hectic atm. I know it must seem like I say this every week. XD Anybody wanna trade me for awhile so I can game test and game make?
I love running events, I hate setting up all the awards at the end. >_> But you know, gotta do it :B :B :B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angikiller590