Help - Nothing after double clicking Game.exe

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by Alan_J_Q, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Alan_J_Q

Alan_J_Q Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello I am new here, and please give me some advice about a problem I have recently.

I bought a new PC several days ago, and would like to play a game made from RMXP. After I double click "Game.exe" (properties says it's RGSS Player), nothing happens. There's even no error message or other hint.

I have tried some other RMXP games and there is no response, either. So maybe something wrong

Things I have done trying to solve this:
    - Reinstall RMXP, RMVX-Ace, RGSS-RTP
    - Run Game.exe in compatibility mode
    - Troubleshoot Game.exe
    - Update all the drivers I know
    - Knock my PC
    - Restart, restart, restart...

Please kindly help me with this problem, and any advice is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

2. Corlagon

Corlagon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Perhaps your antivirus scanner is at fault? They've become quite aggressive, most seem not to care about false positives any more.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    is the rest of your game complete and in the correct folders?
    I'm not sure in case of RMXP, but for later makers the game.exe is only the engine/interpreter itself and NOT the entire game.

Additionally, RMXP has some defaults that no longer work on modern windows - for example the original default path where the projects are stored is a restricted folder in later windows versions and need to be redirected to a non-restricted folder to work correctly.

So please tell us where you saved the game.exe (full path) and what other files and directories are in the same folder.