numituwi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Good afternoon everyone! I've been making some progress on my game and I'm currently testing the choices!

Choices will be a big part of my game so I want to make sure they look nice, but currently my font is too big for the choices. Is there a way to make the font smaller specifically in the choice window only?

I also tried using Yanfly's Message Core's text code to manually make the text for choices smaller, but it's making a tangent with the highlight unlike when I make all the text smaller (28 size seems to prevent tangents).

Ideally I'd like to just set the choice font size to 28 and keep everything else at 40 font. If anyone knows how to only make the choice font smaller, please let me know!

Thank you! Have a wonderful day :kaohi:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Copy and paste that into a txt file and save with ".js" without quotes.
Add this to your project, like a plugin.
Code:
Window_Base.prototype.standardFontSize = function() {
    return 40; // change this number to modify the size of any font in your game.
};

Window_ChoiceList.prototype.standardFontSize = function() {
    return 28; // change this number to modify the size of the font for Window Choices.
For the message box, you can alter in the parameters of the plugin from Yanfly message core.

numituwi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Eliaquim!

I think the text you sent had some plugin incompatibilities because it didn't work, but, I did try your Yanfly message core idea and made the textbox text bigger with the \{ text code.

Thank you so much! I appreciate the help. :kaojoy:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think if you try to put my snippet below the yanfly plugin it wiill work.
Because yanfly use this function to put a font size in the window_choicelist
Code:
LINE 975
    return $gameSystem.getMessageFontSize();
};
Or try to change inside the yanfly plugin. Just replace the code after the return for a number you desire for your font.

Glad that I can help ^^

EDIT: MY BAD!
i forgot to add "};" in the first code.
Try to use this:

Code:
Window_Base.prototype.standardFontSize = function() {
    return 40; // change this number to modify the size of any font in your game.
};

return 28; // change this number to modify the size of the font for Window Choices.
};

alltheyuriz

The Question Asker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Good afternoon everyone! I've been making some progress on my game and I'm currently testing the choices!

Choices will be a big part of my game so I want to make sure they look nice, but currently my font is too big for the choices. Is there a way to make the font smaller specifically in the choice window only?

I also tried using Yanfly's Message Core's text code to manually make the text for choices smaller, but it's making a tangent with the highlight unlike when I make all the text smaller (28 size seems to prevent tangents).

Ideally I'd like to just set the choice font size to 28 and keep everything else at 40 font. If anyone knows how to only make the choice font smaller, please let me know!

Thank you! Have a wonderful day :kaohi:
I was just wondering how you changed the font style of your choice box?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crowned_gaming_youtube