Rycoria

Creator of Riley
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys, so hopefully this isn't too difficult, though with my knowledge of scripting it could be insanely difficult for all I know.

So Yanfly has this script, instant cast: http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/battle-scripts/instant-cast/

What it does is have a note tag feature that if x skill has <instant> in the note tag it makes it into an instant skill.

When an instant skill is used it is used before the battle phase begins.

To try to explain this better, imagine this scenario.

Battler A & Battler B VS Enemy A

Battler A selects non-instant attack.

Battler B selects non-instant attack.

Battler A attacks.

Battler B attacks.

Slime attacks.

Versus this scenario.

Battler A & Battler B VS Enemy A

Battler A selects instant magic.

Battler A casts magic.

Battler B selects non-instant attack.

Battler B attacks.

Slime attacks.

So the Instant attack is literally instant, and will even go before the command selection of the remaining actors.

However, this script gives the user another action after he/she uses an instant cast, allowing them to select another action.

I want this feature to be removed so it is exactly the same except instant skills still take up a turn.

If someone could do this for me I would be very grateful and would be sure to credit you :)  

Thanks. 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wich battle script are you using?

Because if you're using the default battlesystem, that "instant" would be a useless definition due to the way the default system handles speed and action order.

Just for explanaition how the default handles speed and action order:

1) all actors and enemies make their skill selection (command phase, no action is executed)

2) for each action, the agility of actor/enemy and the speed of the skill (plus a random factor) are added. This will be the action's total speed.

3) Skills are executed with highest total speed first, then going down in speed numbers.

What you're referring to as "instant" skills is usually implemented as a high-speed-skill. That script you're using most probably only adds another action to be executed during the command phase, but you'll get the "added" action because it can't remove the actor from the regular execution phase.

The only difference you'll be seeing with your definition of an "instant" skill (executed in command phase, but no longer an action in the regular execution phase) is that you have the option to see the skill results before selecting the next command.

You might want to test one of the ATS or CTS battle scripts (look for those abbrevations in the master script list), as those redefine the sequence by eliminating turns - each action is executed immediatly, followed by a wait (which might be of different time length for different skills) until the next action is possible.

Rycoria

Creator of Riley
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What I want is an action to be executed during the command phase, not a high-speed skill during the battle phase. I'm using Yanfly's Battle Engine but his FTB is not what I want, because I don't want everything to follow this function, just actions with the <instant> note tag. Also with my knowledge of scripting I cannot make any modifications myself (which is why I created this thread.)

So long story short the script needs to remove the actor from the regular execution phase.

Thanks for your help so far.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Why not just give them a temporary state of Actions Times 200%?

(I don't exactly understand what you mean by instant skill since this is how Instant skills are supposed to work o_O)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rycoria

Creator of Riley
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
By instant skill I mean that as soon as you select, for example, "Attack", the actor executes this attack, then it goes to the next actor.

The attacks happen in the command phase rather than the battle phase, like Yanfly's Instant Cast Script.

Take a look at this Archeia: http://yanflychannel...s/instant-cast/

This does exactly what I want except the actor still gets his regular action after using an instant skill.

The point is I want the instant skill just like in Yanfly's script but the instant skill uses up the actor's turn.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I use that script too so I was wondering what exactly was wrong with it. The DTB (player turn, enemy turn) doesn't work that way though (FTB works that way instead or a CTB...or a different Turn by Turn system all together). 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as I explained above, it isn't easy to replace the standard action in default battle.

However, I had an idea how you can make it appear to the player as if the second unwanted action doesn't happen:

Have the actor use a pause-skill without message or damage as the second action.

However, you'll need a way to set that actor to the wait-skill - depending on how yanfly's script works, that might require some work.

I can think of two different ways to implement that, but I don't know if they will work and don't have the time to test that myself:

1) add a common event to the instant skill, and have that event use a force-.action command on the user.

you might have to trick the game to identify the user if more than one actor has the ability to use that skill, and it might be that the event's timing is off when the skill is executed in command phase instead of the regular action (common events called by skills are always a bit out of the regular battle sequence)

2) if the second action is always a default attack (this won't work if the player can select the second action in the command phase), then use one of the default skill scripts to replace the default action with the wait action.

Most probably you'll need a script that doesn't set a fixed attack skill ID, but one that selects the attack skill ID from a variable, and have that variable changed to the wait-skill-ID by the damage formula of the instant skills, and change it back by the damage formula of the wait skill.

I would still suggest that you check the other battle system scripts available if there is one more to your liking, because manipulating the default battlesystem without changing it completely can be difficult...

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
in the skills that 'instant' cast... try giving the user state that 'stun' the user using damage formula

a.add_state(x);yourdamageformulahere

change x to state id that 'stun' for 1 turn.

so after you use the instant skill it will stun the user thus making it only act once.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rycoria

Creator of Riley
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for all the tips I will give it a try.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png
Bengawan Solo with fantasy style arrangement. :D
So I just got my computer back (Was posting stuff on my phone) But now my dang monitor's broken! I'll need to get a new one, which means... JOBS! Yaaay... When I get a new monitor, I'll post picture of one of my RPGMMV projects.
Wish me luck... :kaodes:
Had to clean up disk space because Windows Updates was having my primaries' disk space for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I guess the clean up thingy doesn't work or something because there were 15gigs of old update files in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soounreal