Help, please! Stupid Question but...

oboegirl1600

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey! Stupid question...(I'm really new to RPG maker.) I want to make an event as the character leaves town that will transfer the player to the next map, then cut to a cutscene that's taking place elsewhere, but make it so that the cutscene only plays the first time, so that the cutscene is only played the first time that the hero leaves town.

How do I do this?

Help appreciated, Thanks! :)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

this is basic eventing and conditions. I will give you the answer, but I strongly suggest you follow the Beginner Tutorials link in my signature and spend some time going through them. They are written for Ace, but the event commands and much of the database is very similar in MV.

Give whatever event that triggers the cutscene two event pages. The first will have the cutscene, and at the end of the cutscene it needs to turn on a switch. The second page will not have the cutscene, and will be conditioned by that switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Started playing Danganronpa 3 in French - Eyes started bleeding in less than 5 minutes - Installed English text instead.
Why, translator, whyyyy???
-_- Now we have punishments for skipping meals, specially breakfast. At least let me sleep on Fridays -_-
colorize an old sketch
Welp... with numerous plugins and a bit of Javascript help, I've simulated an AP system in battle. Proud of myself honestly.
Why most of games like to give a horrible control to an aircraft vehicle? can I get a simplified control that does not require me to roll first just to change my direction?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insani1022