Help, please! Stupid Question but...

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by oboegirl1600, Dec 30, 2015.

1. oboegirl1600

oboegirl1600 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey! Stupid question...(I'm really new to RPG maker.) I want to make an event as the character leaves town that will transfer the player to the next map, then cut to a cutscene that's taking place elsewhere, but make it so that the cutscene only plays the first time, so that the cutscene is only played the first time that the hero leaves town.

How do I do this?

Help appreciated, Thanks! :)

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

this is basic eventing and conditions. I will give you the answer, but I strongly suggest you follow the Beginner Tutorials link in my signature and spend some time going through them. They are written for Ace, but the event commands and much of the database is very similar in MV.

Give whatever event that triggers the cutscene two event pages. The first will have the cutscene, and at the end of the cutscene it needs to turn on a switch. The second page will not have the cutscene, and will be conditioned by that switch.