windy10

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
heya, i never expected to see myself posting on here when most of the questions i wanted to ask were already answered, but here i am regardless

so, in a test project im working on, im trying to create a "border" effect along the walls, as shown in the screenshot below, courtesy of yume nikki and yume 2kki. circled is the part im talking about

help3.PNG
help1.PNG

i made myself a few borders to test it out, but came across a problem.

help2.PNG

while filling the map up, i realized i couldn't get the border to end on the sides of the door i made, and i've been trying to figure out how to fix that all day to no avail.

does anyone have any clues or solutions to this problem? ive experimented with countless self-realized methods, but came to nothing, and some help would be greatly appreciated ^^

EDIT: added some more images to give a more in-depth look into the problem, the autotiles seem to act weird around certain areas upon placing lower-layer tiles or other autotiles around those places
help5.PNGhelp4.PNG

Last edited:

windy10

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
UPDATE: solution found(?)

by putting a black tile from the upper layer over the autotile, you can effectively "remove" it.
to make this look neat, an extra tile may need to be made to correspond with the black tile, but this may just be an alternative to the real solution since it still has different behaviors compared to the screenshots.

help is still appreciated

Last edited:

windy10

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
UPDATE 2: doesn't work well. looking for the original method.

upon using this process listed above, the tiles may look weird or abnormal.

kaine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Press Shift+right click on a black tile on the map, hold shift and press left click in the tiles you want to adjust.

Shift mapping is the way in this cases.

Last edited:

windy10

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
i appreciate the help, it was exactly what i needed. thank you kindly!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

TFW you discover how the script batching works in VNMaker... after you've had the program for almost 3 years.
hAx6iQ3.gif

Writes that the characters have to climb a mountain.

Realized that I have to draw six sets of models where characters are climbing.

At least I know how to draw something. :)
I'm currently scratching my head on how to design plains. What do I even put in plains? Some trees (but not too many or it turns into a forest)? Grass? A few bushes? That's a bit dull.
I'm looking for tutorials but Google didn't seem to find much (or maybe I have the wrong keywords). I don't know how to map plains and I don't know how to learn.
I should probably be dragged kicking and screaming away from Daz3D... I was playing with 8.1 models and came up with this. Thoughts?
and_remember_tomorrow_miranda_8_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corvid