Help Request: Modifying a Game Published to the Web

Omar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I purchased MV and one of the features I am most excited about is publishing the game to the web. The install is simple enough, just dropping my public folder to the web. I made myself a quick little demo simply to cheer and motivate myself into finishing my game. Plus it was a nice way to do a quick little battle test so I could finally have a decent balance for the monsters. It was a success, I felt amazing, I can do anything. So I made some changes thanks to the information with the browser. Then the problem happened. How do I modify the browser game?

I am certain I do not have to reload everything. All the artwork is already in the proper folders.

So far I have tried adding the new the index.html and the js folder. (Didn't work)

Reloading everything again did work.

I am now realizing I should have likely reloaded the data folder.

If anyone knows which folders need to be updated could they please post the answer?

Thank you for your time.

wizaerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The data folder is where most of your "game" resides, so the data folder for sure.  Then there's any new resources you add to your game as well...

shylor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, the data folder will be most of the changes. If you add a plugin you will need to upload that plugin and the plugins.js file. I also know how you feel about putting a game in the browser. My game is doing great. http://areath.com. If you want any tips on how I did mine just let me know.

KisaiTenshi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Depends what you want to do:

If you update a map without changing the tileset, copy only the /data/*.json files

If you update plugins copy all the /js/*.js files including everything in /js/plugins/

Everything else if you update it, you MUST tell your users to force a reload after updating the assets (img, audio), because the browser will not automatically pull these files unless your web server is specifically sending do-not-cache directives.

Omar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First allow me to thank all three of you for your quick response. Thanks to your aid I was now able to update my demo without having to reload everything. I also know as I make larger changes which files to add (so I will not have to post a separate thread later. Thank you very much.

Shylor - Areath looks amazing and I will be keeping an eye on it. I will also be sending you a message, thank you for your offer of aid.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

NUMINA Part 1 is finally out ✨ Get it now with a 10% launch discount!
Made this simple Training Dummy :D

obraz_2022-07-01_095700524.png
I'm still undecided weather or not I should add minor swearing to my game. Like I'm going for an all ages demographic... but the idea of a cartoon character saying dammit, hell, or crap in normal conversation is really funny to me.
If we assume an Elf's strong suit is Dexterity (AGI) & Intellect (MAT), I imagine Strength (ATK) & Constitution (DEF) would be among their lowest stats. But I'm having a hard deciding which should be lower, Strength or Constitution?
I'm really sorry to have to do this, but I'm going to have to start blocking those who repeatedly put up sexual content and offer absolutely nothing (that I've seen) related to what this community is supposedly created for.
Don't take it personal. I'm a rape victim with permanent injuries who can never enjoy 'it' ever again, so it's the last thing I want to have put in my face. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yochar