Scumdrop

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Hello everyone,

Glad to see the RPG community still up and running. Long ago I created a game called The Sword and the Fish for RPG2K and it did well on the old Ultima Island site.

I'm 38 now and my nephews want to play Sword and the Fish - but even though it's pretty tame, it's got some censurable content. I'm also a teacher and want to open the game up to my Grade 6 students over this long COVID summer.

In October I created a new project, copy pasted the old project in, named it 8.0 instead of 7.0 and got to work 'cleaning' the entire game - cutting out every bit of questionable language, lewd references, or items like '40 of Malt Liquor'. The game just isn't the same! But it is cleaner, and, frankly, I cleaned up a lot of the grammar.

A few days ago I finished. I have the original saved next to the '2020' version on my C drive, saved separately on my D drive, and saved to Google Drive where it lies safe forever. Once done, I threw it and all the executables into a new '2020' folder on Google Drive, zipped it, sent it to my brother to beta. Lo and behold, his version seems the same as the old one. I go to run it in the Editor and ALL the projects I load come up as the original and not the new clean one! Both ones on the C drive, the D drive one, and the two Google Drive ones. Three of these that makes sense for, but both '2020' ones now act like I never edited anything. This said, I know the work is THERE somewhere... I just think I'm not finding it to load it. At first I thought Google Drive just uploaded new .ini or .ldt or whatever and over-rode the clean version. But that doesn't explain my C drive one. I don't really know which files contain 'the game' itself or what needs to be reset.

Anyway, I'm hoping someone can help me access it again. I need to verify it and then DELETE some of these extra versions so I just have both on Drive and maybe just the clean one on my machine for when my daughter's old enough.

Thanks in advance. It took a year to make and now I'm out of ideas...

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Moved from RPG Maker 2K to Tech Support.

I hope you can get a good answer to this!

Scumdrop

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Still agonizing on this.

I have tried every combination of .ini, .ldb and .lmt I can, including every previous file version from Google Drive. They all just load the original version. Do those files CONTROL the content of the game? Do I need to mess around with setup.exe or anything? I HAD it working, lost it, got it working again, and lost it again. I think it's Google Drive at fault, but again, this doesn't explain the C drive version.

I need to know exactly what each file does and how it is bound to the game or editor itself.Could all that work just be gone because File Stream went and uploaded different versions of those files over my clean ones?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here's the title-screen for the game I'm working on: :LZSgrin:
Oh man I've been struggling with event spawners and Qmovement compatibility for quite a while- went as far as to use a tool just to pick crops :kaocry: but Ritter got their spawner to work with Qmove and I'm screeing! It's still in testing period but just- the feeling of getting over a large gameplay hurdle is a HUGE relief, I'm so thankful to Ritter! It's a cheap paid plugin but totally worth it!
Welp, I just finished my favorite part of RPG making which is creating skills, now onto the tasks I like less so the motivation is lower. At least I'll get to create new ones while designing enemies!
New to MV... Awesome forum, cheers everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arthur2007