bodminindy360

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, new to the forum scene. I am calling on you to help me create a basic kidnap Cutscene for RPG Maker XP. Many Thanks.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We need more info than that - we can't make your game for you.

I suggest you post a screenshot of the cutscene event you have so far and tell us what you want to add to it, and then we go from there.

As a starting advice: make ONE event controlling the cutscene, and that event should have no sprite. All sprites/actors/NPCs for the cutscene should be in other events, and those events should contain NO commands - you can move other events by targeting the set move route command on them.

So if any event on your cutscene has both a sprite and commands in contents, then you already made a mistake...

bodminindy360

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah, well, I am what you call a noob or newbie. I'm starting from scratch. Mapping, changing graphics, animating simple things using switches or move routes etc, I tried an intro Cutscene following a tutorial via YouTube. Epic fail, if I take screen shots in stages would that help?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What we need is a screenshot of the final event page, not how you got there.

But I agree that video tutorials are usually a waste of time - you need written tutorials where you can follow the steps at your own pace, preferably while having the editor and the tutorial open at the same time.

pausing and rewinding a video only disrupts the workflow, and no video contains the same amount of info as text pages (they would need 10 minutes to even read such a page in a video).

I also suggest you follow the link in my signature to the starting point tutorial - that was mainly written for Ace, but a lot of the basic principles apply to XP as well. For example the event windows for control variables look different, but the way how the variables function is the same.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In simple words, if you want to make a cut scene, you must use other events that will act as the NPCs, and control their moves with the Set Move Route command. You can also change their appearance with the same graphics.

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Added store elements.
44JtdpE5n4jQMFkSi7pACW.png

2uqvqT3uCWxcXAhlyZokxg.png

The next step will be to start making props (including distillers).
I just saw one of SigmaSuccor's RPG Maker news videos, it mentioned one of my plugins. Now I kind of wish I'd made a demo project for it, having nothing in that segment but a scroll down the code feels a little underwhelming given what the plugin COULD do. Except I suck at making demo stuff, and my testing project isn't fit for that. :(
Ok, to prepare for the GMTK Game Jam, I'm trying to make a game with the theme "The Cat's out of the Bag" in about 48 hours. I'd make a forum post with a question, but I don't have the time!
Worked over a week on a new BGM, and I'm finally happy with it.

Here are some screenshots of the area it will be used in
EzLHppdVIAMY7DP

EzLHpqsVIAEZ7jt
#WIP Metal Tactics's TBS (2015 vs 2021)
VSt9pWc.png
ZXnpNYY.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangos_Bored