Ygdrassill

Game dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey all, I've never really done any resizing or messing around with redoing tilesets, so It would be fantastic if someone could help me out and resize this iconset for RPGMV for me. I tried once but couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.

I appreciate any help or info even to just how to resize myself, and thanks in advance :3

IconSet2.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You just choose the Image Resize option, tell it to keep the same aspect ratio, and set the width to 512.  It should resize both width and height to give you 32x32 icons.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Resizing icons generally doesn't work very well.  They start out small to begin with and when you scale something up you're attempting to add information that didn't exist in the first place.  There's not a whole lot of information to extrapolate from and you end up with over half your pixels being procedurally generated.  This looks especially bad when you're starting with pixel art because of the precise nature of the medium.  Most of the time it's better to just work with icons that are the correct size in the first place.  Since you're working in MV the icons are 32x32 each.  This is a very common size for icons, it wouldn't be very hard to make yourself a new sheet out of the free ones available out there.  Open Game Art, for example, has a whole lot of really great ones.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

…I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
just saw that titan quest is free on steam until the 23rd
Zombie status is now complete. I didn't have to do much in the way of changing how healing is applied to undead targets, was just a simple 3 line code. I thought I had to overhaul Game_Action lol. Everything else was doable by events. So.. Zombie: You turn undead. Your element changes to darkness. You're weak to light, you're strong to physical attacks and healing hurts you and revival items will kill you.
My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gustavodias