Ygdrassill

Game dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey all, I've never really done any resizing or messing around with redoing tilesets, so It would be fantastic if someone could help me out and resize this iconset for RPGMV for me. I tried once but couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.

I appreciate any help or info even to just how to resize myself, and thanks in advance :3

IconSet2.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You just choose the Image Resize option, tell it to keep the same aspect ratio, and set the width to 512.  It should resize both width and height to give you 32x32 icons.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Resizing icons generally doesn't work very well.  They start out small to begin with and when you scale something up you're attempting to add information that didn't exist in the first place.  There's not a whole lot of information to extrapolate from and you end up with over half your pixels being procedurally generated.  This looks especially bad when you're starting with pixel art because of the precise nature of the medium.  Most of the time it's better to just work with icons that are the correct size in the first place.  Since you're working in MV the icons are 32x32 each.  This is a very common size for icons, it wouldn't be very hard to make yourself a new sheet out of the free ones available out there.  Open Game Art, for example, has a whole lot of really great ones.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..
DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png
Bengawan Solo with fantasy style arrangement. :D
So I just got my computer back (Was posting stuff on my phone) But now my dang monitor's broken! I'll need to get a new one, which means... JOBS! Yaaay... When I get a new monitor, I'll post picture of one of my RPGMMV projects.
Wish me luck... :kaodes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisyiscute