brian25

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Sir/Ma'am just want to ask how to revive the character in a map when it's dead?

i'm using rpg maker xp. when the my character dies it prompts to game over. thanks..

amerk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So when you're whole party dies, you want to be respawned versus a game over? Is this like Dragon Quest where you appeared at a certain location (like the last church you visited), and keep all your EXP and items found, but only 1/2 the gold you had?

If you're doing this with Touch Encounters, you can simply just set up events to control this. For each evented battle indicate a branch if the player loses, and what occurs as a result. If nothing happens and the player reappears on the same map they died on, that's all you need and just decide whether or not to heal the party. If they should appear back in a previous location (like the last church or town they were in), it gets tricky but still possible with variables to control this.

But for Random Encounters, it can get even more complicated with events and may be easier to set this up with a script. I'm not familiar with what scripts are available for XP, so I can't say whether or not a script exists for it, but I believe they were made for VX and Ace.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to VX Ace support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

brian25

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes 

Last edited by a moderator:

SlaveOfThaMind

Game Developer / Musician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
nvm

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

just when I thought one of the greatest game of all time couldn't get any better, they announce a new dlc for it.
For anyone interested: there's another huge humble bundle with JRPG assets + a game jam starting next month - it's for a good cause, so check it out <3
Turning a specific vibe into reality is incredibly difficult. For instance, this song is one of the ones I listen to when working on my post apocalyptic project, and getting it's "feeling" into the game has been a real challenge.

I don't just wanna regurgitate the numbers I see, I wanna actually understand the calculations I'm making so I'm probably gonna make a post later with some calculations and what I THINK they mean to get some advice and corrections.

Edit: All (Most) of these will be tested in game prior. I just wanna make sure I understand what's going on under the hood if you will.
my girlfriend calls all my little chibi art cute lol... funny considering that wasn't the original art style of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nat_erling