Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I hope I got the right forum section for this. RPG Maker MV won't let me start a new project, Every dang time I try this error pops up, and I never had this problem before. I want to know why, and why it's not be fixed, or how to fix it. I cannot afford a new computer, or graphics card. Sorry if I sound mean, or rude, but I am extremely mad about this.

Why.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whenever a problem like this has popped up in the last month, most of the time the reason was one of two cases, neither had anything to do with RM:

1) the path were you tried to create the project was either restricted by your computer or contained a letter that was illegal under networking rules.

If you give us the full directory path we can check if you're not sure if your path is allowed under networking rules.

2) an anti-virus or anti-malware program had restricted RM from changing the computer

If that is the case, the RM needs to be whitelisted in that antivirus/anti-malware program.

There are two other possibilities which are much rarer and have to do with your graphic card's driver (not the card itself, the software driver used to access it):

One of the graphic cards company added an video capture program (unasked for) that automatically activated itself whenever a steam program was started to automatically record a let's play. That broke Ace in several cases and might cause the same if you're using the Steam version of MV.

the last option (especially with an error message like yours) is that your graphic driver has been damaged, and you need to redownload the newest version of it from the Intel internet pages and reinstall that.

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you! For awhile I had it save created projects on to a 30GB flash drive I brought. That flash drive actually started getting full. So after I read your post I removed the flash drive, and it let me create a new project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's my cute little ghost~
Minecraft Dungeons is a great example of a game that's much simpler than other games in its genre but almost as equally immersive and fun to play. Lotta RPGmaker devs could learn from that lesson.
Well, it's been a while since the last time I came here... Is there a JS scripting FAQ? I'd like to know what it's capable of achieving, and how :rswt
I love the Time Fantasy tiles, but haven't played anything made with it yet. Can anyone recommend me something?
Vote for what I show more indepth on Twitter tomorrow from the MZ default resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmydark