[Help, RPGM MV] Advice on intro and events

Anubis05

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi! I have been toying with RPGM MV for the last 10 days or so. I have watched some tutorials, and I think I understand the basics. Of course I have a long way to go still, so that's why I'm just messing arround with the program, trying to implement the ideas I have. What I have created:

An intro(It's just for practice, I don't think it's any good). For the most part it looks as I imagined it, and although I think I have made the eventing unnecessarily complicated, it mostly works as intended. A couple of issues I have: the flash screen is used to change the background while keeping the characters in place, but I can't make it look good, it looks out of place. also, I don't know how to make the image of the monster dissapear after I press Enter to go on with the text.

A battle test. Here the hero can interact with the NPC to battle against different enemies. I used a "Show Choices" command. If you select "Choose opponent", you can battle against Slimes, Orc or Minotaurus. Once you select that, the Battle switch will turn on and make the respective monster appear as an event on the left side of the NPC. If you interact with it, you battle. Also I have added a conditional branch to check if the Battle switch is on. If that's the case, you won't be a ble to summon another monster. After the battle, the result will be stored in a variable(1 for each enemy) and you will be able to check your record by selecting "Battle Record". My problem is that I can only make this event work once. After I finish a battle the enemy sprite will not dissapear, and If I choose another enemy, nothing happens(I can still battle the one that's there) and the conditional branch tells me that there is already a monster to battle.

I hope my explanations are clear. Here is a link to my test project. Once you have watched the intro, you will be outside to try the battle test.
Hope you can help me and thanks!

EDIT: Here there are the screenshots of the battle event thingy:

1593815617124.png1593815666326.png1593815693632.png1593815716266.png
Pages 3 and 4 are the same, I just changed the monster and the variable.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Usually no one bothers with full project downloads as that is just too much for most people (not everyone has a flatrate), and the only thing really needed are screenshots of the event pages.
Please use [alt]-[prtscrn] to make those screenshots as that is the easiest way.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got to say, the intro is pretty nice, but it can be easier to set up instead of 5 events to get
fire, ind, earth, water, light, so that part can be on 1 event alone.

the crystals on the otherhand, not, so the Fire, Water, etc switches are not
needed at all (unless you have something specific in mind) but why switches
if they can easy picture called only?

there are some events on parallel which i dont understand why you have them, but
dont use parallel to check constantly, while its best on player/event touch or action button.

otherwise, nice job on hte intro.

Anubis05

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ok, I’ll do that! Just thought I would need way too many screenshots.

Anubis05

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I got to say, the intro is pretty nice, but it can be easier to set up instead of 5 events to get
fire, ind, earth, water, light, so that part can be on 1 event alone.
Thanks! I took your advice and made all the stuff with the pictures in one single event and the flow is much better. However I had to create a blank event in the position I wanted the animations to play(Is this the right way?) Glad you liked it:LZYgrin:

the crystals on the otherhand, not, so the Fire, Water, etc switches are not
needed at all (unless you have something specific in mind) but why switches
if they can easy picture called only?
I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say. I created the crystals as 4 different events cause I need the sprites to appear, is there any other way?

Anubis05

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Usually no one bothers with full project downloads as that is just too much for most people (not everyone has a flatrate), and the only thing really needed are screenshots of the event pages.
Please use [alt]-[prtscrn] to make those screenshots as that is the easiest way.
I edited my original post, now you can see the screenshots :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you never switch off the self-switches, so the enemy event never resets

Anubis05

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
you never switch off the self-switches, so the enemy event never resets
Thanks, you were right! Also I forgot to turn the enemy switch off at the end of the battle. Now it works as intended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Score Rundown for the demo I'm trying to get done before Halloween, Or around it. Ending is based on your score currently.
Oh goooood, why am putting so many skills into my game AAAAAAAAAAAA!
Stream will be live shortly with some pixel art! Feel free to drop by!
Actor2_8 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaiaEx