[Help, RPGM MV] How do I change the lighting/shading direction?

Pervert_Tentacle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By default the lighting comes from the west, therefore making shading to the east.

In this map (file attached) I want to change the direction of shading, lighting from north to make shading to the south.

How do I do that?

Attachments

yoluko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could use the shadow pen (on the top row of tools, left of the zoom in icon) to erase the current shading, and then draw in new shading. To erase, click on an area already shaded and paint in the area you want unshaded. To shade, start in an unshaded area.

I don't know if there is a quicker method. Someone with more experience might be able to tell you.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There isn't a 'real' light source. It is purely a function of how you draw your shadows.

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Moved this thread to MV Support.

(Tech Support is for when you can't get the Editor to open, or for other issues that make the program completely unusable.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hello I buyed RPG Maker VX Ace a long ago and I want to use it again but in the meantime I changed my pc but I lost the paper with my product key on so I can't use RPG maker again... someone can help me please ? or there is no hopes ?:'( ( I have a bad english I'm sorry )
I was away this days here in the forum but it was for a good cause!
The trailer of the demo of Luke Inn is on youtube and I am so happy!
I need to see the bugs of the game but I am happy that I have new content to show!

The last part of the modern interior will be ready soon. This will be a B-tile. With interior items for the kitchen, bathroom, toilet and storage room.
This frantic shooting ARPG plugin for MZ looks really great. Here is the link to a post from the official Japanese RPG Maker forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harwin