devilbringer450

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey everyone first post not sure if this is the right place to post but yeah:)... But let me just say im using a simple one actor script that replaces the actors face display when you open the menu to show a large picture of the character anywhere you want from the pictures folder and another script that changes the sprite display when you change armors. What im wondering is if anyone know's of any scripts that can show a display picture in menu that can be changed similar to the sprite one when you change equipment!!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Moved to RGSSx Script Requests at the OP's request

Harosata

Dramatic Lightning's BFF
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hm...I don't know about other scripts, but if you're willing to look and edit your scripts, I'd give a guess (make a backup of your project in case the code doesn't work).  First, we look at your CHANGE SPRITE ARMOR script.  I'm guessing that there is some sort of method that changes the character_name a.k.a. the name of the spritesheet, as well as an update method so that these changes are continuously refreshed.  Next, we look at your BIG PICTURE IN MENU script.  I'm pretty certain I'll see where your actor is assigned the picture.

Okay, so three things:

1.  We want to transplant the parts from CHANGE SPRITE ARMOR to BIG PICTURE IN MENU.

2.  We want to change those transplanted parts from character_name/index to whatever is being used for your picture.  So if your armor script shows something like character_name = this, then try to make picture_name = this.

3.  The tricky part is how do you want to change the BIG PICTURE?  The simplest way for me is that if your CHANGE SPRITE ARMOR handles sprites like "change this sprite to Actor 0", then it's possible to add strings like picture_name = character_name + character_index together, though in that case, the related picture should be named "Actor0" to match those two strings.

---

If scripting isn't your forte, it's best to link the two scripts you are using so we can look at it.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished my first Slip into Ruby since last July! It'll be up and added to the main post tomorrow, along with a new Jump into Javascript.
to pass the time.pngTesting out making boxes and packs of items. These things are always fun to do.
Rural Japan Tiles, Giant Dragon Sprite, Paint Icons? & Game Spicy Pixel Fonts | RPG Maker News #31

just hopped into project recruitment... hoping to maybe find some artists to help with parallax maps and whatnot. I could do them myself, but I'm not really good at it so I'd prefer to stick to my strengths which is character art and SOME UI elements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fertrick