Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!

In my project, actors get most of the skills from gears. And it has 2 skill types, light and dark. I want to make some skills that depend on the skill type of the actor, the effect of the skill changes. Is this possible?

For example:
[Actor 1] with light type skill equipped a robe with [Skill A]. [Actor 1] uses [Skill A] in battle, [Skill A] heal the party.
[Actor 2] with dark type skill equipped a robe with [Skill A]. [Actor 2] uses [Skill A] in battle, [Skill A] damage an enemy.

Thanks for your time.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Simply make two skills with the same name but different skill types and different effects.

you can't change a skill effect that way by default, and even using a plugin it would only cause your development to become a mess.
on the other hand the player will never be able to see that it's two different skills if you're carefull with the naming and the messages.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
If your Actor only has access to the Light or Dark types but not both, do Andars suggestion. Skills will only show on the actor if he has access to the skill type of that skill (given via Traits/Effects), so if your equipment gives 2 skills but one is Light type while other is Dark type, the actor will only see the skill of the type that he has.

Acydcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This should work. I'm just too reliant on being transparent to the player, this always makes my ideas to hit a wall. Thank you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~
Finally scripting out the story after WAYYYYY too long of having 0 idea of how to approach said scripting.
2020 has started off pretty stressful for me, but no need to fear. I have my mood fixer:

Have you appreciated a Hedgehog today?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kujo1189