Acydcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I've been trying to make a skill that learns random skill from a skill pool. Then I want the actor to forget any of the skills learned after battle.

Example:
- Actor uses Skill1
- Skill1 unlocks Skill2
- Actor uses Skill1 again
- Skill1 unlocks Skill3
- Actor uses Skill1 again
- Skill1 unlocks Skill6
- Actor now can use Skill2, Skill3, Skill6.

Then after battle, all skills should be gone (execpt Skill1).

I know how to do a common event for the random learning of skills. I just couldn't make it forget after the battle.

Thanks for your time!

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can have states have the player learn/forget skills. Just connect the skill to a common event, and increase the variable by a number, and under contitinal branches have it check the numbers on the variable. then, add/subtract states with the "add skill" trait added. be sure to check "remove at battle end" on the states. You can reset the variable in a parrelel process event on the map that erases itself

Edit: make sure the skill type of the skills learns matches one the actor can use

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My suggestion would be to make a copy of any skill they can learn via this technique, and have the target learn the copy rather than the original skill. Then, at the end of battle, run a Common Event which makes all characters forget all of these 'copy skills'.

The ideal way to run a Common Event at the end of battle is to use a plugin, such as SumRndmDde's Battle End Events plugin.

If you can't use that plugin for some reason, then have every single battle in your game set a Switch to ON on turn 0. Create a Common Event which requires that Switch to be ON as its condition, and have that common event clear all the skills and then set that Switch OFF. This should cause it to run when you return to the map after any battle. But the plugin solution is way easier.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If they use the states option, they won't need to run a common event at battle end, sense states can automaticly remove themselves after battle, thus making the actor forget the skill
state_learnskill.png

Last edited:

Acydcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok. Thanks guys! I will try both suggestions and get back here.

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thinking through @Oddball's solution, it's equally easy to mine, and probably a bit more flexible if you need control over the states during battle. I'd recommend it. Just be sure to set the States' Priority to 0, so that their invisible icon doesn't take the place of more important icons on the GUI (like buffs or poison)!

Acydcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I ended up trying Oddball's suggestion and it works! Then I looked into the Wavelength's suggestions and it gave me a new idea. Appreciated the help! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.
The stream will be live shortly with some more Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SakuSaku