AKA VaroClaw
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all!!

So basically, how can I hide an show the Hud(in this case, battle hud) with fading it out and in? I know that I can hide it and show it via a condition, but when I do it that way, It disappears or appears instantly and i need it to fade out and fade in. I know it possible because when the battle starts the hud fades in and when the battle finishes', the hud fades out, but I cant find the way to do that middle battle.

thank you!

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only way I can think to do this would be to stack multiple copies of the hud on top of each other at different transparency levels, then remove them one at a time. That would obviously not be ideal though.

Magusalfador

AKA VaroClaw
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, no.... that would take a lot of work but mostly a lot of resources. The Plug in already does it at the start and end of battle, I just need to learn how to call that.

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’m not sure what default fading in and out you’re referring to. The battle scene itself fades in and out but the hud itself does not. At least not for me anyways.

Magusalfador

AKA VaroClaw
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It doesnt? hmm..thats weird. Look:

You can see how the hud fades in at the beginning and fades out at the end.

EDIT: Maybe its because I use Moghunters battle hud too, and thats why somehow its fading out and in? I dont know.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you can try to use common event and tied a variable to it?
0 is opacit 0, and 100 = opacity 100%.

I dont know if there is a specific fade function though, but maybe, make black
screen and fade that out to the battle? if that works?

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It doesnt? hmm..thats weird. Look:

You can see how the hud fades in at the beginning and fades out at the end.

EDIT: Maybe its because I use Moghunters battle hud too, and thats why somehow its fading out and in? I dont know.
The “alinement” bar is is what you’re using hud maker to create? Yea hud maker doesn’t fade like that by itself.

Maybe you can do what shadowdragon said but you’d have to set a condition in the script itself using $gameVariables.value(x) to set the opacity. In either the hud maker script, mog hunters or both.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I feel so dumb I forgot to set parameters and thought the plugin wasn't working
I can come up with all of the magic skills in the world, but I can hardly think of creative physical weapon skills within the JRPG realm. One of those ones....
It's time for episode 19 of our Make a Cliff Map in RPG Maker MZ... I mean, Make a Game in RPG Maker MZ! Today we're working on our cliff map again. Let's see if we can finish it this time!

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinsel2