Renee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, everyone! I'm a huge newb to rpg maker vx ace and I need some help. I've looked through multiple threads but haven't found much of a solution. I'm trying to swap characters after they join the party (not mid-battle, but where the characters are wandering around the map). I want the main character to be able to swap in and out with their party member at the press of a button.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
'Game Mechanics Design' is for looking at aspects of game play at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.

[move]RGSS3 Script Requests[/move]

RCXGaming

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So do you want a quick swap between party members on the overworld? Or to shift between characters on different parts of the map?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Renee
you need to give a better description of what you want, for example as to what to swap from where to where.
If you're talking about the party order, that is handled by the formation screen by default - do you want to replace the formation screen or do you want something else?

Renee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Say you wanted your main character to be a non-combat type with follower/s that can fight legend of zelda style. What I want is to be able to swap from the main character to those followers on command when entering combat.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That should NOT be done on command but automatically without player input.
if you have an actor that is not capable of fighting and require a manual command to switch to fighting actors, then there will be times when the player fails to switch in time on combat, resulting in that actor getting damaged without being able to fight.

if you want different actors for map and for combat the game should switch automatically to prevent that player frustration and actor damage when (not if, it's only a question of when) the player fails to command the switch.

doing this automatically would just be a series of change membership commands if you're using evented battles.
if you want this for random map battles, you'll need a script that already exists and is on the Ace master script list. If I remember correctly it was called AEON PARTY script or something like that (it has been years since I last went through the Ace MSL)

Renee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay, sorry, I probably worded that poorly but thank you :)

Latest Profile Posts

:v I "unlearn" how to use the forum.
I've made and moved to a THIRD spreadsheet document to reorganize my thoughts and better plot out my RPG.

halp
Today, we got "The ancient Forest"

Map042.png

And here's a little ingame view:
Clipboard01.png

New Boss Attacks for Soul Hero Adventure:
1,Aim and shoot
2,Boulders falling frenzy
3,Throwing Fireballs
4,Chasing Magical Traps
5,Lasers attack of 360-degree

Forum statistics