Help! This error keeps popping up when I try testing out battles!

KnockzyBunz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know why it keeps occuring. I've tried restarting the software and turning off all my plugins. Nothing seems to work. It doesn't appear to be the type of enemy since I'm just using the default MV ones. Idk what to do anymore,

Attachments

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you turn off all your plugins, do you save the game in the editor?

Add an event to the map calling that enemy troop, and test it through a play test rather than a battle test. Does it work? If it works in play test and not in battle test, then it is a plugin. Some plugins set up all their data when you start a new game, and if you do battle test they don't do that, and will cause errors.

If play test still has the issue, please hit F8 and go to the Console tab. Grab a screenshot of that and post it here so we can take a peek.

KnockzyBunz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you turn off all your plugins, do you save the game in the editor?

Add an event to the map calling that enemy troop, and test it through a play test rather than a battle test. Does it work? If it works in play test and not in battle test, then it is a plugin. Some plugins set up all their data when you start a new game, and if you do battle test they don't do that, and will cause errors.

If play test still has the issue, please hit F8 and go to the Console tab. Grab a screenshot of that and post it here so we can take a peek.
I’ve tried it in play test and it still didn’t work, so I’m guessing it’s not a plugin issue. I’ll try to get to the Console right now. I just turned off my PC thinking no one would reply that fast lol. I didn’t think some veterans would still be around. That’s really nice to see. :)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It helps when you're on the other side of the planet ;)

And when you say "veteran" you make me feel really old! "Veteran" just means you have 30 posts :D

It still could be a plugin issue.

KnockzyBunz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It helps when you're on the other side of the planet ;)

And when you say "veteran" you make me feel really old! "Veteran" just means you have 30 posts :D

It still could be a plugin issue.
Haha sorry. I just got really excited when you replied. I had seen your replies on other threads and yet I was still really surprised.

KnockzyBunz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyways here’s the console log I got from the battle error.EB1E8E35-BBA0-4FE4-BAC5-9F10AF232698.png

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So that's the Elements tab. All the good stuff is in the Console tab. Can you post that one please?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I can see that the error is coming from the LTN_Core plugin. Doing a Google search brings up the following thread:

KnockzyBunz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I can see that the error is coming from the LTN_Core plugin. Doing a Google search brings up the following thread:

Hmm... So I went in and disabled the LTN_Core plugin (as well as any other LTN plugins) and it fixed the problem, I can do battles now. But I can't seem to pinpoint the actual problem within the plugin configuration, even when I follow the exact same steps in the result you pulled up. Oh well, but I'm sure I can figure it out sooner or later. That's all I really needed though so thank you very much for your help. :)

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just from what I read, it'll be in the notes somewhere.

Is it only with a specific troop, or with any troop?
Are there parameters to set up for the plugin? Do you have them set correctly? If any of them are switches or variables, have you made sure that you ONLY use those switches and variables for the plugin, or have you used them for other things as well?
If it's only a specific troop, check the enemies in the troop and make sure all their note tags are set correctly. Perhaps CLEAR the troop then add the enemies again (sometimes people add enemies to a troop, then go back later and delete the enemy from the Enemies tab, forgetting they're in a troop, and once they're deleted, you can't actually SEE that they're in a troop).

So first step is to see if it only happens with specific troops, or with troops that all have the same enemy.

edit: So you set rescaleBackgrounds "battle" to "false"? Did you apply the changes and then save the game in the editor before testing again? Just making sure you did that save.

Last edited:

KnockzyBunz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made a new troop and tried it out, which didn't fix anything. My parameters are all set to false, especially the rescaleBackgrounds "battle" one. I even tried the inverse and set them all to "true." Honestly this plugin seems VERY outdated. The website the plugin description leads to (https://ltngames.net) isn't even active anymore.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What do you do when you're your family's resident computer 'expert'...but you are anything but a computer expert?
I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. To make a game is my real test. To play it is my cause.
6.5 million beers are in need for rescue. I don't drink beer too much, but my Czech heart is sinking. It's just a pity that they priced it so high. At this price nobody is interested.
I couldn't have Taco Bell, so I grabbed a giant piece of strawberry cheesecake instead.
Guys one of our Animal Crossing Villagers (Sherb) just told us that he hoped that the villager who was having her birthday had as memorable of a birthday as his sixth birthday. Which was "the one where the clown went into our house and never came back" and that "his mother says she still sometimes hears the honking in the walls".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jean_Batailleur