Jxkl5

Flying Narwhale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
Hi,
I'm trying to make a rouge like game. I was goining for original tiles. I started and wanted to test the floor so I did this...
But for some reason, when I try to place it, it does not appear on the map... why?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qSMy1aG.png?1?7532[/IMG]

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you change your map to use the new tileset?

Show a picture of your editor, with that map selected, so we can see what you see.

Jxkl5

Flying Narwhale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
I draw, and it appears as the checkered background... I do exit the Map properties.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xgaNooo.png[/IMG]

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
show us the actual spritesheet... it might have something to do with how you made it... It should be an autotile I think since you used it on tile A2

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, draw something with it so we can see (cover the whole map with it, or draw and fill in a large square). It may just be that you need to draw more than one tile.

Jxkl5

Flying Narwhale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
I can't draw anything, that's the point. The tile isn't working....

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0nrkri0.png[/IMG]

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It isn't the right size or format for a tileset.

Look in the help file (F1 from the editor) at Resource Standards > Graphic Resources > Tilesets. That explains how each sheet of your tileset must be arranged - size of the image, and what goes where. They are all formatted differently, and you MUST follow the correct format in order to create tiles.

In addition, export all of the RTP tiles (or Preview them) so you can see what they look like in reality, as what you see in the palette when drawing is NOT what the tileset looks like behind the scenes.

You should also not use Paint, because it does not allow for transparency, and your tiles should have transparent backgrounds. Paint.NET is a free graphics editor that has an interface that would be comfortable to Paint users, and it has transparency, layers, and you can get plugins to provide a grid overlay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jxkl5

Flying Narwhale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
Ok, I use Gimp2. I export to .png. The file just opens in paint....

So if I was just trying to demo one tile, how would I do it?

BTW, I can place it when its in A5....

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
you still need to do it on the way a whole tilesheet is done... so if it's for the tiles A1-A5, you better just see the exact files and see how they're done... if it's B-E, then it's quite easier... you just need to resize that canvas into a 512x512 image and make sure that the tile takes up a 32x32 space

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check the existing ones and the help file. It's all explained in there. And then come back and ask again once you've looked at all of that, if you still don't get it.

It's just too lengthy to explain, when it's already available by those means.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
BTW, I can place it when its in A5....
There are six different formats for tilesheets, one format each for A1 to A5, and one format for B to E.
Simple tiles like the 32x32 block you've done can only be used for B to E tiles and in very specific positions on A#-Slots. For example, A5 is half-sized from the format for B-Tilesheets.

The regular Autotiles in the A#-Slots are constructed from a 64x96 pixel area with a very special layout, and are only reduced to 32x32-blocks on the editor.

Basically, each slot in a tileset requires the use of a tileset that is formatted exactly for that slot and can't be used in any other slot (only B to E are interchangable)

Go to the resource manager and export one of the tilesheets for A1 or A2, (or check the pictures in the help file), and you'll see that those tilesheets look different from what you see as A-Tiles in the editor.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Chizuru
chizuru.png

anyway, i just recovered from Covid.
Work's been delayed for a month but now i'm back drawing again.
Ah yes i learned how to make name boxes Im now profeshonal
The snowy mountains in my game are finally done... what a crazy journey.
I participated in the official video event collection!
Well I am infinitely upset that I finally got a good idea... after the Touch the Stars game jam is pretty much over.

Gather resources to build a spaceship to escape the apocalypse! It would have been cool....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeadFissure