DragonDancer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using arleq1n's Tactics System, and working on random encounters. I have it so that the map is covered with events that have a 1 in 10 chance of transporting the player to a battle map. After the battle, I want the player to be transferred back to the place on the map that the event was triggered. Here's what I have.

1599784477890.png

Each event looks like this, theoretically setting the variable to its own coordinates. Then the return function calls those same variables. That mostly works, but instead of coming back to the right coordinates, the player comes back to the corner of the map.

Here's the return function

1599784648824.png

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
most likely variables 2 and 3 are being returned to 0.
make sure no other plugin uses those, and make a broad search in the code for those IDs.
use something like Notepad++ to search in files.

DragonDancer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
most likely variables 2 and 3 are being returned to 0.
make sure no other plugin uses those, and make a broad search in the code for those IDs.
use something like Notepad++ to search in files.

That worked! I'll check the code later, I just switched them to arbitrarily high numbered variables and that fixed it. Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Why the heck do I keep comparing my games to ones made by huge companies? I'd love them to have that level of polish but I'm simply not good enough.
Hell of a day at the London Games Market! :D

1656892272017.png

Check out my haul!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blake223