Help! TypeError cannot read '_phase' of undefined.

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Arctorius, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Arctorius

Arctorius Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was testing Mog Hunters' Picture Gallery Plugin It worked until I choose to see one of the pictures at full display.
    And then appeared an error that said TypeError Cannot read property '_phase' of undefined.
    I don't know what it means or how to solve it. Any advice helps.

Attached Files:

2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. udime123

udime123 Hero Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've had this error before.
    For starters, check your plugin list. Check for updates. Even if there are misplaced plugins that shouldn't logically affect anything else, put them in the exact order that the developer has listed on their site. It's good for organization anyways.

After this, turn all your plugins off and troubleshoot, slowly turning them back on one at a time after testing until you find the erroneous plugin. Now that you have it narrowed down, figure out what it's doing that clashes with the Gallery plugin.

If you have a backup saved before the plugin in question is used, load it up and start from there, making your way back to where you were before. I've has enigmatic situations where I had no idea what went wrong and did everything seemingly identical from last time and yet saw the issue completely fixed just by reloading a backup from a couple days before.

If all else fails and you can't figure anything out, reconsider the value of the plugin. Maybe it isn't worth the trouble. Sometimes you can find clever ways to accomplish something similar. If you absolutely must have this plugin and you can't figure out how to fix it, contact the publisher and be as specific as possible.

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please hit F8 to open developer tools, and take a screenshot of what's in the Console tab. That will give more info about the error.

5. Arctorius

Arctorius Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here's the error. Seems to be that Mog's and Yanfly's are at odds. I think. I don't know anything about scripting.

EDIT: It seems to have resolved itself. I remember how some json files stopped working suddenly today, so I reinstalled the pluggin and it now works. Thanks for your time, anyway. Sorry for bothering.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018