Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello,
I recently purchased Encounter Effects plugin however I am not sure how to use it.
Can someone direct me? I purchased in order to have the player follow the player based on distance or notice the player when passing in front of them. Any help, I would be more than grateful. :)

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That sounds like you want the <Alert Range: X> notetag.

ighrpg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That sounds like you want the <Alert Range: X> notetag.

Hi! So where do I put this note tag at?
I think thats the part I am not sure about. Do I create a event on the map and add a enemy image?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes. The notetag goes in either the note box of the event (to the right of where you give it a name) or in a comment in the event page command list. There's no reason not to use the note field unless you want to have multiple pages with different alert settings.

ighrpg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes. The notetag goes in either the note box of the event (to the right of where you give it a name) or in a comment in the event page command list. There's no reason not to use the note field unless you want to have multiple pages with different alert settings.

Thank you so much for that, that makes sense. again thank you. I know its a simple thing but RPG maker is def different . The way plugins work. I still have so many questions. :)

ighrpg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What's the difference of using Plugin Commands vs comment Tags? When do I know or how do I know to use them?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What's the difference of using Plugin Commands vs comment Tags? When do I know or how do I know to use them?
I'm not aware of any plugin that has both a plugin command and a comment tag that does the same thing, so I'm going to assume you're asking about the difference between putting a notetag in the event note box vs a comment command in the event code.

Putting it in the note box makes it a universal trait of the event; no matter what page it's running, that notetag will be in effect. Putting it in a comment on a page means it will only be active when that page is running. You'd use the former for an event that will always chase you no matter what. You'd use a comment if, say, you only wanted the event to chase you when you were holding a certain item, or when a certain switch is on, or a variable has a certain value.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It makes sense that you try to focus on the squishy mages at the back of the party first, right? If the mage can out-DPS the enemy DPS before the latter can kill the tank in front, the fight becomes boring.
finally got footage of my main character running around the main hub world. I've fixed a few things tho even since this video unsurprisingly lol.
 …I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
just saw that titan quest is free on steam until the 23rd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorrupterJ