FREE [HELP WANTED - All Positions] Chronicles of Orbis: Within These Walls

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by cthulhu135, Jul 31, 2018.

1. cthulhu135

cthulhu135 Child of Orbis Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As Finnuval said, welcome to the team, it'll be a pleasure working with you :cutesmile:

2. HatJump

HatJump Villager Member

First Language:
    English (UK)
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I would be interested in doing the music :) sent a sample through.

So far I've mainly done Western orchestral sounding stuff, but Eastern sounding would be interesting to look in to and work on for sure.

Let me know what you think anyway B)

cthulhu135 likes this.
  3. cthulhu135

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow, that was really nice! Definitely gives off an intense vibe, loved how it had a few different "segments" (I really like that little lull about 3/4s in. ...And like I said to Pam, forgive me if I'm a bit inexperienced talking about this kind of stuff :p). I also went ahead and looked at your Soundcloud page, and I love what's there as well! (Actually listening to "Lilith's Lullaby" as I'm typing this)

Welcome to the team :D Discord link will come your way shortly :)

*EDIT* Oh, and a quick progress update: Echo and I are in the process of getting the story figured out (I'm not as great in that regard as I thought, so it's turning out to be quite the challenge. Thankfully Echo's getting us on the right track :cutesmile:) and Pam has already started on concept sketches. Here's the first take on Carim!
    [​IMG]
    That's it for now! We're still taking offers (primarily for non-character artists and more technical positions like an eventer, a mapper, etc.), so if you're interested let us know!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  4. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nice! I like the wavy variant best, but that's my personal opinion.

5. atoms

atoms Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I like both styles for Carim. Either works for me! :)

I like that you want to add a lot of personality to all your NPCs, in a large game that can be a lot of effort, but for a game with a short story that could work out really well.

I do like some of the style in the WIP map, but at the same time I feel navigating on it would feel a bit like a maze and overdone if that makes sense. Lots of smaller areas to each section may work better. That's my opinion anyway.

Everything else seems good so far.

cthulhu135 and Finnuval like this.
  6. cthulhu135

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, thanks for the feedback!

I also agree that those styles for Carim are awesome! (I mean, of course I would, but hey) Though we are also planning on experimenting with shorter-haired variants, if perhaps only to differentiate him further from other male characters since many of them have similarly long-ish hair.
    Yeah, once the "stuck in a city" idea came about, I immediately wanted to make sure that as many characters as possible were actually interesting, as opposed to your usual "Welcome to [Town]! I'm randomly saying info that's important to your quest out loud to no one in particular!" NPCs; having too many of those in such a relatively small play area would probably be the worst :p
    Doing this is still really ambitious, I know, but as you said, a smaller project like this is more likely to pull it off (hopefully :p)
    Hmm... Interestingly enough, I actually thought it could do with being more maze-like; the City should have a sense of danger about it to make for a more interesting place to explore (in my opinion, at least; always open to other opinions :D), but as it stands right now, aside from some story areas there aren't really that many places where the player is at risk. As such, I feel that updating some of the areas with at least a few more winding alleyways and whatnot where the player could get ambushed by bandits/oversized pests would work in that regard (and also make combat feel a little bit less tacked-on than it admittedly does now :|). But otherwise I do understand where you're coming from.
    ...Though to put your mind at ease a bit, we're already planning on having each district be its own map, and a minimap is provided in-game :cutesmile:

Anyway, thanks again for your thoughts! Hopefully my responses made at least some sort of sense :p

7. Koulucky

Koulucky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I read the thread, and the premise seems pretty interesting. I'd like to join as a dialogue writer if you'll have me. :)

8. Nighthawkies

Nighthawkies Villager Member

First Language:
    Estonian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey
    I would like to join your project it sounds quite interesting
    I have been looking for a project to join for a while even though I am new i want to better myself and actually put my name out there with a project.
    Even if I can only help a little i would still like to help a little
    I like mapping and the people I have asked say my works not bad.
    The problem is i some times I hate my work right after I make it so...
    But I think I could be a mapper if that's still open.
    But I also think I can write descriptions and stuff like ( prefer comedic descriptions) comedic descriptions like in undertale west of loathing, one shot, earthbound etc
    I will post some some samples soon

I dunno what to add to the description writer samples (Knock Knock jokes?)

Warning: Don't expect too much from a 14 year old willing to work for free on the internet.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018