Help - White Screen

ricardodaf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi! Everything worked fine, until when I open any game it throws me a blank screen, it is not the game since when I open any mz project the same thing happens to me.
I have a notebook with Windows 10, 64bits, it had not had any modification, or any update.
I tried going into "safe mode", and neither did.
I have reinstalled the program twice and the same thing happens.
I really need help.
I already sent email to support.
Has it happened to them?
Hi! Everything worked fine, until when I open any game it throws me a blank screen, it is not the game since when I open any mz project the same thing happens to me. I have a notebook with Windows 10, 64bits, it had not had any modification, or any update. I tried going into "safe mode", and neither did. I have reinstalled the program twice and the same thing happens. I really need help. I already sent email to support. Has it happened to them?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the editor shows a white screen, then it's most likely that the currently installed display driver does not support OpenGL, and you need to reinstall the display driver.

However there is a small distinction (which is often also the reason this happens): A lot of the display cards have drivers from both Microsoft and from the chip manufacturer. And it's the Microsoft drivers that cause the problem.
Microsoft drivers often have no or incomplete OpenGL support, because OpenGL is competition to DirectX - you need the manufacturer drivers for full OGL support. And the Windows-Updates prefer the Microsoft drivers, so the automatic updates can't help you.

You need to check which manufacturer build your display chip and go to its website, download the driver setup from there and run it to get that driver installed. Then restart your computer and check again.

ricardodaf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Dear Friend! Thanks for worrying and writing, the answer is very interesting ...
I tell you that due to a problem unrelated to RPG Maker I had to reinstall Windows and now it works great.
I will consider your answer.
Thanks again.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hmm, interesting.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
reinstalling windows automatically deletes and reinstalls all drivers, so there is a good chance that my answer was correct - OR that your Windows itself was so defective that it couldn't handle that and other programs at all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Less than a week and I can move into my new apartment and out of this bad situation. I'm so excited! Then game making power will increase. :kaoluv:
Enter the password in letters. (English subtitles)
I really tried to pull off something for halloween, but I don't feel like going on. I feel like the plot I was building was too generic, and I couldn't connect to it as I do with other projects. On the bright side, I've been working on my cosmic-puzzle project, so far I think the core mechanics are working properly, so I'll be creating some large test maps to see how it works out.
People2_5 & SF_Monster1 added!

Ami
--- X Costume ---

M.Healer: I'm wearing M.Mage's Costume.
M.Mage: I'm wearing M.Healer's Costume.
M.Knight: Why not using the Scary Costume like me,The Scary Frankenstein?
M.Healer: Err…Because we have low of Budget.
M.Mage: Yeah,right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TikeTenGamesOffical