Epitaph78

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

i need some help with the coverage of objects in Isometric view using ressources like from PVGames.
Is there a technique or plugin/tool to fix the following problem, or is this a limitation of the engine and cant be fixed ?

RPGM.jpg

Player ist covered by the bed when moving to the back right corner.

Ground and background walls are paralaxed, the bed is placed with KNT_Editor/Doodads at same level as the player.
Iff i place other furniture like a dresser on the right side of the bed it is covered by the bed too (ok i think this could be solved with an external Map editor and the right setup of Layers.. but then there would be still the problem with the player).

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Thank you.

Are you using a plugin for player movement? Is it pixel movement?

As the bed is the issue and the bed was placed with an editor/doodads, then that's where I'd be looking. I don't know what KNT_Editor is, but does it allow you to specify an object as being below or above the player? Play around with that setting. If it means you have to split the bed into 2 sprites because you want the player to be able to walk behind the bed and for the bed to show on top, then that's what you'll have to do.

Epitaph78

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using a plugin for player movement? Is it pixel movement?

As the bed is the issue and the bed was placed with an editor/doodads, then that's where I'd be looking. I don't know what KNT_Editor is[...]

Thx for the reply,

KNT_Editor is the Knight Editor (extension of Yanfly's Grid-Free Doodads plugin)

Yes i use pixel movement (Qmovement), the Problem with splitting the Bed into 2 parts will fix the 1st case.. but lead to another problem..

Problem 2.jpg

Ok there is a way to use events to change the layer level in some cases but will have a massive worktime depending on the placement, more items and wont even work in some cases.

I just started with RPG Maker.. mabey i miss something ?

Is there a plugin that change the Layer based on the Player position (precise enough for Pixel movement)?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Personally I'd just put something at the base of the bed so they can't walk right around it like that.

Epitaph78

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK..
looks like i have to build the maps arround those limitations then..

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.
"Another hundred habaneros... a teaspoon of tumeric... and a heaping helping of nitroglycerin!" The kitten in a chef's hat laughed maniacally as the pot he was stirring promptly exploded.
Woot got a promotion and a pay rise ᕙ( • ‿ • )ᕗ now I'm set.
does anyone feel like explaining to me the difference between simulation and emulation? you have my full permission to be as pedantic as you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhumanbox