Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First, let me preface this by noting that if there's a way to do what I want without a plugin, I'm all ears. My searches have turned up nothing though.

Now, first let me show you an image for context.

https://images.app.goo.gl/WnvzhJW57aqMdFhf7

The link leads to an image of Dragon Quest 8, where the player is about to allocate skill points just gained from leveling up. That part isn't important, as there are good Skill Learn System plugins around. No, the important part is in the link below.

http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/ps2/dq8/heroskillpoints.shtml

If you take a look at that page, it lists the skills and traits that the Hero will learn after allocating a certain number of skill points into his skillsets. That's where the important bit is. Specifically, the traits such as these:

Trait : +5 attack power when equipped with a sword.

I've not come across a plugin that is able to create a passive trait exactly like that. I have one that can replicate the stat boost, but not the requirement to have a specific weapon type equipped. That's the plugin I'm requesting. A passive state plugin that allows me to have the state active only if a particular weapon type is equipped on the user. It would allow one to specialize in a weapon type and gain a tangible benefit beyond any skills associated with it.

Sorry for making this a bit long winded (especially with links instead of embedded pics. Hard to do at this precise moment), but I wanted to be as clear as possible. I don't know if this is relatively easy to do or not, but I want to thank any of you who comment on this in advance. Any aid offered, be it an accept of the request or directions to getting around the need for such a plugin, is most appreciated. Thank you for reading this, and have a wonderful day (or night, depending on when you're reading this).

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gonna hafta try it out, because that does indeed sound like just what I need.

Scratch that. Yanfly's Auto Passive States can't boost stats by a solid number. Or can it?

Last edited:

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think this will play nicely with a plugin I'm using to manage parameters through an Excel file.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think I've got my hero designs pretty much finialised ( still got some tweaks. ) In the end it'll be the four outfit colour variants with four different skintones.

I'm a bit conflicted. One the one hand, it's quite visually cool to make bodies of water that the player can interact with by going into it. However obscuring the player character from a gameplay perspective is pretty bad. Hmm... There's the option to make the area around the player visible, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of submerging them. :unsure:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Another two plugins done! One being an on map grid inventory.
busy with my newborn child, can't even touch pc at all ;_;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yagyu_Chan