MikoRMF

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hey! I've recently purchased the RPG Maker XP but I'm already facing with a rare problem that's driving me nuts. The thing is that, when creating a new map (a living room, in my case), the lights will be super dark for no reason. And the thing that really bothers me is that it doesn't always happen, so I don't know what to do 'cause I can't find the source of the problem. I even tried to copy and paste a map with a normal light and when entering it, having the same problem. I've also noticed that the rooms that have that problem are all 'connected' if that makes any sense. Like, If I approach to the bottom wall of one room I can see the top of another. My english is pretty bad (I'm Spanish) so I'll add some screenshots in case I haven't been clear.

Thanks!

PROBLEM 1.pngPROBLEM 2.pngPROBLEM 3.png

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is a screen tint. You have added a Tint Screen command somewhere, which stays that way until you run another Tint Screen command to change it back to normal.

This could be in any of your events or your common events, or you might have added a script that does it.

Where is the pretty tileset from?

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
This problem cannot be solved without specifying Scripts or complete systems that have been used.

You are using the "Pokémon Essentials" system and hardly use any Rpg Maker commands.

In my opinion, there is a standard period transition system, as the game by default starts at 00:00, the system understands that any map not configured as "indoor" is in an external location and is therefore affected by lighting.

You will have to read the documentation for this system, as it is not really something from the rpg manufacturer.

Good luck.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So many good stat names, how do people chose!? :p
I am often just about to give in and ask for help in the forums, when I eventually figure things out myself. Spent almost the whole day with a minor issue, but in the and it's so satisfying that I didn't need to open a thread :D

First time for my AI to do a voice-over for a developer diary.
It has been a long way to make a voice so beautiful.:kaojoy:
The voice in some old trailers is just disastrous. :kaoswt2:
I'm back from an 11 year hiatus. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Origami