dcarter84

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
my character has been arrested and will be broken out but i'm trying to make it so he has to sleep like 5 times before certain events take place. character has the option of talking to a party member through a hole in the wall (event) checking the door which is locked, or sleeping in the bed. if they go talk to the party member in between sleep sessions it seems to work fine. but if they sleep and then immediately try to sleep again, the screen fades to black and nothing progresses. I just get BGS.
Screenshot%202017-03-24%2010.18.08.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-03-24 10.18.09.png
    Screenshot 2017-03-24 10.18.09.png
    378.5 KB · Views: 10

Rinobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It looks like your move route is trying to move an event on the the same tile as another event.
Set your bed event Options to 'Through', and the Priority to 'Above Characters'.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Rinobi While I think the problem lies in the move route, I don't think that changing bed's passability can fix that. An event with "Above characters" prioriry can only be activated while on the same square as the event, this will change the way the event can be activated but it will hardly fix the proble since the event is moving Dorian, which is not the bed event.

@dcarter84 Unfortunatly it is impossible tho see what is in the room in your screenshot because the event window conceals it. One thing you shoul be able to do for sure is to set the move route to be skippable. Edit the move route and check the "Skip if cannot move" option. This should fix your bed event.

NOTE: I said that it will fix your bed event, not that it will fix the Dorian event position. That one might still be changed. However, if I guessed right - given the position of the bed in the visible portion of your map - I think that your event moves Dorian to the upper right corner of the room (I presume that's in proximity of your hole event) and so it shouldn't go any further.

EDIT: If you are using that move route so that your Dorian event is always at the same spot after sleeping then I would suggest to use a command to set event position to that spot instead. This way you don't have to set a skippable move route, it will ALWAYS move the event to the correct position and it is faster to execute.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Zaj
Okay anothe stupid question from me. Why is when everyone's explaining the scripts in the scriptlets, it chnge into green. how do i know when do i code without knowing whether its turning green or not
So I realized that I really just don't have enough time to make videos. However I don't mind clicking stream and just letting people watch me work on my game. I don't really have a good microphone... okay it's a $20 headset so it's terrible, and I have no web cam. So the stream would largely be royalty free music and me working, with minor interaction. I guess the question is, would that actually interest anybody?
Child base test two, flappin' their arms like it's VX Ace.
ChildTest-02.gif
Zaj
Hi quick question. Is it possible for me to make a custom VXAce script without learning some bulkiness of Ruby?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marcmandela