Help With ABS- NPC into Enemy & Other Questions

AeroHydra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Currently I am using Falcao Pearl ABS with VX Ace, and I am wondering whether you can do something along these lines:

-You talk to an NPC who is quite upset with you

-Give an option when you speak with him to make him aggressive to you (basically make him hostile towards you).

I can't seem to find a way for this to work, as Characters and Enemies are two separate entities in the Database...

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have your actor talk to the npc, in the npc dialogue you have have the player answer via choices, if that actor gives this choice then he can go, if he gives that choice then they will battle.
Capture.JPG

AeroHydra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wow... Cool. So I can just have a battle if I pick the wrong choice? Also, will the HP from the Falcao ABS transfer neatly into the turn battle later fought?

*By the way, I like Pickles so no battle for me...*

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Basically ya. Its been about 3 years since ive used Falcaos system and it was my favorite thing ever lol
I dont see any reason why it would interfere with any of your classes stats though.

AeroHydra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OK. Another thing, is there something I can use so that if I hit an NPC they become hostile towards me? So if I go into town and hit an NPC walking around they will attack me using Falcaos ABS (since it would look weird for the normal battle to take place)?

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can set event to start only when the player touches the event by setting it to "player touch".
SO when you touch the event it triggers the battle.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OK. Another thing, is there something I can use so that if I hit an NPC they become hostile towards me? So if I go into town and hit an NPC walking around they will attack me using Falcaos ABS (since it would look weird for the normal battle to take place)?
This is a default feature of the ABS you are using.
I almost wrote "Read the documentation of the ABS script", but than I re-checked it, and it appears that the detail about this feature is left out from it. o_O
So, here is how you can make event enemies "passive", which means that they won't be hostile from the start, only when the player attacks them...
All you have to do is use this note-tag on the enemy:
Code:
Enemy Passive = true
Now all events using an enemy with this note-tag will be set to passive behaviour, so they won't attack the player, unless the player attacks them first.

Combining the above, you can make what you want easily with a simple script call:
Code:
$game_map.events[id].epassive = false
Replace the id with a valid event ID in the script call.
Using this, you can forcibly turn off the passive behaviour of events, so they will become hostile immediately if the player is in range.
In other words, you can manually turn off the passive behaviour of events with it.

In case you want to turn them back to passive mode, you can use this:
Code:
$game_map.events[id].epassive = true
$game_map.events[id].agroto_f = nil
Again, replace the id with a valid event ID. You should use the same event ID in both lines here.

Using the default battle system with Falcao's ABS will have at least 1 bug (only noticed this one, but there might be more, haven't really trying to find any).
The collapse animations for the enemies will not work there.
And no, HP values from map enemies will not transfer to the default battle.

AeroHydra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Cool, Sixth. I will try that now.

AeroHydra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OK, I have something totally unrelated, but since it was related to Falcao's ABS I would like to ask it. I've made a shield and it works all right in game, using the icon animation and shielding correctly, but it also deals 40+ HP of damage to the player as well. I've made sure the take self-damage is off and I've even copied the entire note sheet from the demo for the basic wooden shield and it still makes the player take massive amounts of damage when trying to use the shield.

Here are all the notes on the armor:

User Graphic = nil
User Anime Speed = 120
Tool Cooldown = 45
Tool Graphic = nil
Tool Index = 0
Tool Size = 1
Tool Distance = 4
Tool Effect Delay = 10
Tool Destroy Delay = 120
Tool Speed = 5
Tool Cast Time = 0
Tool Cast Animation = 0
Tool Blow Power = 0
Tool Piercing = true
Tool Animation When = acting
Tool Animation Repeat = false
Tool Special = shield
Tool Target = false
Tool Invoke Skill = 0
Tool Guard Rate = 94
Tool Knockdown Rate = 0
Tool Sound Se = nil
Tool Cooldown Display = false
Tool Item Cost = 0
Tool Short Jump = false
Tool Through = true
Tool Priority = 1
Tool Hit Shake = false
Tool Self Damage = false
Tool Combo Tool = nil
User Iconset = shielding

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@AeroHydra This is whats called hijacking a thread. You are asking a question in someone else's thread for your issue. Regardless of whether or not it is for the same script in question, you must make your own thread.

Last edited:

AeroHydra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry for the hijacking, but I thought since it was my own thread it would be easier for me to just ask other questions here rather than make a lot of threads for my questions.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So yes it is your thread but the question is derailing the topic. When people search for similar problems or other member look at the thread title they are expecting the conversation to be about that topic and nothing else. So you may get fewer people helping you and making it confusing for people that try searching for your new problem.

Last edited:

gsuk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Back to the topic of enemy passivity, I'm having a problem with the falcao script where passive enemies continue to attack me even when my level is way above the max for them to aggro me. The problem seems to be that the Self Switch B seems to remain ON, even after the enemy dies, so it is always in it's aggressive mode. I tried using your
$game_map.events[id].epassive = true
$game_map.events[id].agroto_f = nil
script calls, but it doesn't change anything.
I've tried to create some workarounds, such as creating a Die Self Switch that turns Switch B off as an autorun, but nothing seems to work (either makes the enemy so it's not possible to hit it anymore, or just creates errors).

Do you have any ideas how your script calls can be used in this way (if at all)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made Custom ENEMY Information Screen
I'm having such a hard time thinking of an interesting battle system. and not being a coder, certain things I wanna do seem a lot harder lol.
Created a character outline with some code. I have no use for this. I'm....bored.....
Having lots of fun using different PS brushes to add a lil' texture to the floors and walls in my maps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmbor