Help with actor selection/target

warriorsdogs

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Is it possible inside a battle to target actors that are outside it, regardless if they are in a party or not? I would like the option to choose using items on actors that aren't in battle/party during the battle but no matter how I try it , rpg maker says it's null or just return the item effect in the actor that choosed using it on someone else.

What I tried to do was whenever the actor selection window opens from the item selection, I added a new battle member on selectActorSelection so they name would appear as a target (since I can't write my own targets in it as I wished) and when the window is closed, I removed them from party but this didn't work like I said above.

I have been trying to figure this for weeks already, I would appreciate any help

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
not directly, but you could probably split the party object into "active" and "reserve" groups, including both groups in combat but only operating within the "active" group.
it is possible..... only, you'll have to modify how the actors are loaded/unloaded not only for battle but for the whole game.

warriorsdogs

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVX
only, you'll have to modify how the actors are loaded/unloaded not only for battle but for the whole game.
Thanks for some insight and sorry for my ignorance, you mean I will need to load all the actors data despite some of them not being in my party?

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
technically all of the available actors would be *in* the party, except some will be available for combat, and some others won't.
that's where you'll have to split the object party into sub groups.
the loading/saving would be the same, except now more actors will get checked and validated with every action instead of just the ones you have at the ready for combat.

I made something like that for Ace, but I still have to make the actual *reserve* part.
as it is, everyone is being sorted within the actual "party" object (as usual, only, larger)

Anarcho-paladin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
And, as always, there are Yanfly plugins to do just that...

warriorsdogs

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVX
And, as always, there are Yanfly plugins to do just that...
You mean the one with reserve party members? Tried it and they don't allow you to heal members during battle that are out of the party, not to mention you need to add the actors first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.
The stream will be live shortly with some more Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BwadeZ