Help With Add-On Generator Parts Not Showing!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm not sure if this is right place to post this
I'm kinda brand new
But I just bought a bunch of DLC packs from the RPG Maker website
specifically the japanese character expansions
and I tried to add each part to their respective folders (they're all properly labeled)
and when I start up the RPG maker only SOME of the parts show

someone please help
I spent like all of my money on this stupid thing
and I'm already pretty salty about the whole fiasco of trying to figure out where they sent my activation code
(I found it but I'm still salty)

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's probably a labeling problem, even if you think you labelled everything correctly. I'm not the best with generator parts as I don't meddle a lot with them, but I'm sure others can help you. Please tell us which packs you bought, which ones aren't showing up, and screenshots of your folders with the files in it.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so far I know, you need to rename them corectly,
if you did it correctly and the hair example ends with 33 and you use 100 to add them, it wont show,
so you must number them correctly as well where it ends in the generator part.

this number is also very different from person to person / dev to dev, because they can add also
generator parts from other to their own.

if you are unable to this, you can always do it manually (more time consuming) but a much
more variety to do with them like recolor it, reposition, resizing etc to your likings.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To explain the effect mentioned by the poster above in a bit more detail:

The generator needs its parts in a continuous sequence of numbers beginning with 1 to whatever maximum parts you have. If a number is skipped, the program assumes that no more parts are following and ignores all other parts.

So if you have parts ..., 32, 33, 34, 40 then the generator adds up to part 34 and then assumes "there is no 35, so there are no other parts following" and ignores part 40.

However, not everyone purchases the same generator packs, and a lot of people add their own parts (or free parts downloaded from the internet). This results in the problem that no one can ever know where any user's number sequence ends, that numbering has to be ensured by the user itself.

So you need to check your generator to learn which is the current highest part number and then add the new parts while renaming them to continue from that number.

There are tutorials on how to add parts to the generator especially because this is not trivial, you might want to look for them if you still have problems after these explanations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's weird I actually have MORE work to do when stuck at home than before.
The No Travel Game Jam is here! Jump in to make a game in the month of April that takes place all in one town!

Decided to take a stab at video editing.... Even made a clickbait screen. I'm so proud of my sellout ways. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stacyjast