HazukiWolfe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm trying to make my own tilesets but I'm having trouble trying to understand how the tiles work for water and what not. could someone send me to a tutorial that explains how the tiles in RPG maker MV work?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is "whatnot"?

Check out the help file (F1) which shows how autotiles are set up, and gives an explanation of how the animation works, and what goes into the various images for the A1-A4 sets, as well as how they're handled in-game (what will go on top of what, what gets treated as counters and how that affects the way they're drawn, what has autoshadows, what the passage settings are).

Then if you still need help, be more specific about what you're trying to create and what troubles you're having with it. "Autotiles" is a fairly broad subject.

HazukiWolfe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you. and sorry. Im just having trouble with the textures not looking like they are connecting and looking really weird

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a tutorial "anatomy of autotiles" in the official blog

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ukeo