Sc0wly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I just have a quick question (sorry if it's been asked already). I want to remove the fight and escape options from battles in my project. I'm using the Yanfly battle core plugin so I'm already skipping it at the start, however I would like to remove the option entirely. This would include disabling the ability to right click/cancel button in order to bring it up during battle. Any help would be much appreciated!

Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Turns out this is exactly what I'm trying to do! :p I haven't experimented or looked around yet though, so I can't help you.

Sc0wly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Shoot! lol. I'm sure there's a way to do it.

Sc0wly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the reply, Dalamar! I'll look into this right away.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
But didn't Soulpour plagiarize?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But didn't Soulpour plagiarize?
Soulpour777 was banned from this site for credit theft on one of moghunters scripts that he copied and changed the credit information (even requesting payment for a commercial use on it to himself instead of moghunter).

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So this one is safe to use then?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BloodletterQ no one can say that other than soulpour, who can't answer here - and the question is if you would believe him anyway even if he claims to have written this code (even the case with moghunter wasn't the first case, moghunter revealed soulpour to be someone who made similiar wrong claims years earlier under another name on another board)

Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BloodletterQ @Andar I did some googling, and couldn't find any plugin like this elsewhere, so I'm going to guess that this one isn't plagiarized.

Dalamar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar @BloodletterQ I was not aware of that when I found that script on the mv master list site. Shouldn't Soulpour's scripts be removed from that site as well then?

Sc0wly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just thought I'd mention that in the Yanfly BattleEngineCore in the "----Window Settings----" section there is an option called "Start Actor Command" which allows you to skip the party command menu and go straight to the player command menu (for those that want to skip the party command menu but not remove it entirely--- which I don't know how to do anyway).

It's also worth noting that the Soulpour plugin mentioned here skips the party command menu (same as the option in the Yanfly BattleEngineCore plugin) but doesn't actually disable back clicking to the party menu. So you can back click and it'll just say fight (which is pretty sloppy). It also defaults to adding the escape command individual actor command menus. The text in this case ("escape") is unaffected by a name change in the terms tab of the editor's database. So if you want it to say "flee" for instance instead of "escape" it won't read correctly. This most likely has to be changed in the SOUL_SkipPartyCommand plugin.

Anyway, for those not comfortable using the Soulpour plugin because of the issue of plagiarism mentioned above, the Yanfly BattleEngineCore can't help you skip the party command menu.

To restate my original question though since these plugins don't actually help with what I asked- Does anyone know a way to disable the party command menu entirely including play ability to back click into from the actor command menu? I'd even settle for a way to simply remove the sv actor's backward movement animation on escape.

Dalamar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Spaceboy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After a bunch of fixes that didn't work, I found this one that did by Zevia. Simple and appreciated.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

@Spaceboy, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Glad you fixed your problem though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you're an artist of illustrations, you're doing fine.
If you're an artist of writing, you're doing fine.
If you're an artist of programming, you're doing fine.
But if you are all three above (and more) you cannot allow any distractions in your life.
After working out some initial confusion, I managed to get Yanfly's Improved Battlebacks successfully working on a test battle, changing the battleback and getting it to scroll during combat. This means that I can have graphically dynamic battles on moving platforms, like the roof of a train or the deck of a ship/airship...
Place Events Like Tiles Through Replacement, & Take Notes Free Form | RPG Maker News #41

the singularity is upon us:
1621133810311.png
MV's plugin command setup is the current bane of RETRO's existence. To a degree, so is MZ's. Especially when trying to make MV's plugin command interface play nice with MZ plugin commands with complex arguments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nlove77