Help with battle system

Discussion in 'RGSS Script Requests' started by Helyn, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helyn

Helyn Villager Member

First Language:
    Slovenian
    Hi!
    I started using RPG Maker XP only a few days ago and i am having a few problems. The biggest one is the battle system. I dont like enemies graphics. I love games like Aveyond where you see a monster moving on the map and when you battle it their graphics dont change. I dont really know how to explain what i want help with.  :)   Maybe someone could just tell me how to use graphics like this: http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m606/lol_xd123/063-Beast01.png . I tried to import it and use it as a battler graphics but i cant. I want my battle to be like this: http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/aveyond2/ss-007.jpg . Please help me. >_>  

2. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For a side-view battle system like that which uses sprites, you'd want to use a script. I am not familiar with the scripts RPG maker XP has, but I am pretty sure there are some side-view battle scripts for it.

3. TwilightTeddiez

TwilightTeddiez Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    What you're looking for is a Sideview Battle System Script. There are many of them, but when it comes to XP I normally would suggest Takentai:

http://www.gdunlimited.net/scripts/rpg-maker-xp/custom-battle-scripts/sideview-battle-system-tankentai-xp

Instructions on how to place and use the script should be found on the site as well. However if you still don't fully understand how it works, I can go through it for you :)

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/4646-the-tankentai-for-ace-guideerror-collection/

Or I could give you this. It's for Ace however, but it should give you an idea about how to animate the battlers you want :)

I hope this post helps!

4. Helyn

Helyn Villager Member

First Language:
    Slovenian
    Thank you very much for fast replies and help. :) I like the script you suggested, i think that is exactly what i want. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
  5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've moved this thread to RGSS Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

6. Helyn

Helyn Villager Member

First Language:
    Slovenian
    I am sorry. I didn't know where to put it. :) I have another question. I wanted to use map where the batlle is happening as a battle background. I found this script:

1. module Map_battleback_settings
    2. On_switch = 1
    3. end
    6. class Spriteset_Battle
    7. include Map_battleback_settings
    8. #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    9. # * Get Battle Background (Floor) Bitmap
    10. #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    11. alias xypher_map_battleback1 battleback1_bitmap
    12. def battleback1_bitmap
    13. if $game_switches[On_switch]
    14. create_mapbattleback_bitmap
    15. else
    16. xypher_map_battleback1
    17. end
    18. end
    19. #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    20. # * Get Battle Background (Wall) Bitmap
    21. #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    22. alias xypher_map_battleback2 battleback2_bitmap
    23. def battleback2_bitmap
    24. if $game_switches[On_switch]
    25. Bitmap.new(1, 1)
    26. else
    27. xypher_map_battleback2
    28. end
    29. end
    30. #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    31. # * Create Battle Background Bitmap from Processed Map Screen
    32. #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    33. def create_mapbattleback_bitmap
    34. source = SceneManager.background_bitmap
    35. bitmap = Bitmap.new(Graphics.width, Graphics.height)
    36. bitmap.stretch_blt(bitmap.rect, source, source.rect)
    37. bitmap
    38. end
    40. end

I put it in the scripts tab, but it doesn't work. Maybe i should change something or put a switch somewhere?

7. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please post new questions in new threads. When a question is answered, hit the Mark Solved button on the most appropriate answer, or report the thread so the mods can close it.

Closing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.